When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BSA Men's bike - need advice

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bostonclassics1

On Training Wheels
Advice sought as I just bought this 3 speed BSA Men's bike. Seems to work fine. Cleaning it up now.

What do you think it's worth?

thanks

Bike BSA.jpg

That's a Raleigh Industries built BSA. It looks to be a 1960s-70s era bike. The rear hub shell should provide you with a date code. It is quite complete, and even still has the matching vinyl saddle and the vinyl bag. It has seen little use, based on how clean the cable housings and grips still are. The frame size is a standard 21 inches. Wheels are 26 x 1 3/8 with a bead seat diameter of 590mm. The overall condition is quite good. The bright, metallic red is a little unusual compared to many of the Raleigh products. Green and black were more common colors, but they certainly made red ones like this as well. There is not a great deal of value for the bike, but it should be a very good rider once it is gone over. You'll want to open, clean, and refresh all the major bearing areas. The usual oil points also should be cleaned and oiled.

Beautiful bike! I have a 67 BSA in blue. I haven’t gotten to the refurbishment yet, but it should clean up pretty easily and make a sweet rider.

Wonderful bike, thanks for posting. I've decided to sell mine should you or a local reader on the CABE be interested. PM me for details.

Back