When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BSA military cycle truck?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I highly doubt it... But it looks sort of military-ish to me. Any evidence of one of these with military involvement.

1632269004546.png

Hi,

although I can't say anything about this one, I have seen delivery bikes the same or similar to this in use on RAF stations and at BOD Donnington (a huge military equipment storage site in the UK) in the 1980's and 90's when I visited there often. They may have them still!

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi @Euphman06

Coming back to this, I found a 1940 catalogue published on @Wing Your Heel 's website, which identifies this as a BSA Carrier Model 917A. From your photo, and the catalogue image below, it looks nearly complete too.

1633549074398.png

All for the princely sum of eight Pounds, thirteen shillings and thruppence. (-: Which is about the equivalent of £340 or $465 today.

1633548902633.png

Image details credit: Wing Your Heels /

Did you buy it?

Best Regards,

Adrian

Last edited:
Hi @Euphman06

Coming back to this, I found a 1940 catalogue published on @Wing Your Heel 's website, which identifies this as a BSA Carrier Model 917A. From your photo, and the catalogue image below, it looks nearly complete too.

View attachment 1491114

All for the princely sum of eight Pounds, thirteen shillings and thruppence. (-: Which is about the equivalent of £340 or $465 today.

View attachment 1491113

Image details credit: Wing Your Heels /

Did you buy it?

Best Regards,

Adrian
No didn't buy it. The only difference I see is that rod that connects the top of the bracket to the rear axle area. That part is actually what made me think military..if I remember correctly the compax paratrooper folding bike that had the extra bar in the rear triangle was military? Either way... That's what I thought of when I saw this one.

No didn't buy it. The only difference I see is that rod that connects the top of the bracket to the rear axle area. That part is actually what made me think military..if I remember correctly the compax paratrooper folding bike that had the extra bar in the rear triangle was military? Either way... That's what I thought of when I saw this one.
Would love to have it ! Different !

Back