When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold BSA Paatrooper's Folding Bicycle, First Pattern

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$1000
Zipcode

Octathorpe

'Lil Knee Scuffer
This is an early production (First Pattern) folding bicycle made by BSA during World War 2. Later versions have a single tube for the seat tube. The bicycle is complete, and with the exception of the handlebars and lamp mount, original equipment all around. There are no cracks, dents or other damage. The tires have the War Department markings, though they’re from two different manufacturers.

Local pick-up or buyer pays for shipping. Bike is in San Francisco.

The paint has been stripped from the frame, front wheel and brake calipers. When I got the bike it had been painted over hastily with red house paint. After the war there were a lot of these sold in bulk to distributors like Sears. In the San Francisco Bay Area a lot of them turned up with the red paint all over them. Parts of this one still have red paint, and some patches of War Department Green are visible for reference.

I’ve reassembled the bike as a mock-up. The wheel and fork bearings have been cleaned and greased. The bottom bracket has not been overhauled, as I don’t own a cotter press. There are new brake pads that I made sure fit.

I have a zillion pictures. The reassembly of the bike has a thread on The CABE

Frame serial number R6599
“War Grade” tires, one Michelin, one Dunlop
BSA Model 40 seat (fair)
Tool pouch (deteriorated)
Tools, one stamped w/BSA logo, one plain
Chain & Link, uninstalled.

20210403_162045.jpg

1385894 1385895 1385896

1385897 1385898

1385899 1385901 13859021385905

Back