When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buddy

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jack Alope

Look Ma, No Hands!
Has any body seen a Schwinn Buddy?
And no not somebody they likes them.
The model called the Buddy
Best info i can find is in the schwinn catalogue.
Are there any pics of them?
A friend just gifted me a 1964 model
Just curious if anybody has any more info and maybe some parts.
Thanks

I've heard of a Schwinn Buddy Bike, sold by the Chicago Cycle Supply Company. I don't think they were sold past the fifties though. I don't have a photo of a bike. Barry

Has any body seen a Schwinn Buddy?
And no not somebody they likes them.
The model called the Buddy
Best info i can find is in the schwinn catalogue.
Are there any pics of them?
A friend just gifted me a 1964 model
Just curious if anybody has any more info and maybe some parts.
Thanks
Pictures are the best for helping identify your bicycle.

Last edited:
1963 -66 schwinn buddy

1963-buddy.jpg

Thanks for the reply's.
20180905_213251.jpg

20180905_201223.jpg

here is what is left of what somebody was trying to make a low rider bike.
the S/N says it was made in Nov. of '64 the frame is smaller than a sting ray.

I'm kinda surprised that there is not more info out there..

What kind of info are you looking for? There are three sites that have the catalog info on Schwinns and one is somewhat incomplete. They include the specs on this bike also. Seems the fork on your bike was changed out since the Buddy and other 20"ers did not have a chrome fork crown, only the Sting Ray had one. The date associated to the serial number is the date the number was stamped on the dropout component. Your bike could have been built in very late 1964 but there is a good chance it was built in 1965. There should be a two or three number stamping on the inside of the left fork leg just about the axle slot. That will tell you the month and year the fork was made.

What kind of info are you looking for? There are three sites that have the catalog info on Schwinns and one is somewhat incomplete. They include the specs on this bike also. Seems the fork on your bike was changed out since the Buddy and other 20"ers did not have a chrome fork crown, only the Sting Ray had one. The date associated to the serial number is the date the number was stamped on the dropout component. Your bike could have been built in very late 1964 but there is a good chance it was built in 1965. There should be a two or three number stamping on the inside of the left fork leg just about the axle slot. That will tell you the month and year the fork was made.
do you have the address for these three sites?
thanks for the info.

Back