When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Budget Elgin Robin

-

MrAustralia

Finally riding a big boys bike
Robins have got to be one of my favourite bicycles. Especially the early ones with the long seat post.

Now I’d never be able to afford a “real” one, and if I spent that kind of money I might be to afraid to ride it. And I want to ride all my bikes!

So, I built a budget one. Sure it’s not a perfect specimen, many parts are not correct and it has a Fibreglass tank and fenders. But it looks the part and I can ride it without fear!

Not quite done, tank straps in particular (if anyone has/can make a set, give me a shout) and I need to refine the fender bolts.

But for now. Ride and enjoy.

Thanks to all the CABERS that sold me parts for this one. Couldn’t have done it without you!

MrA

I like the black! Looks great 👍
I've been building my 36 for almost 10 years I think. Definitely a fun project but very time consuming. I just need fender braces for mine. Would you happen to know the length of the front one?

Screenshot_20220314-122712_Photos.jpg

Back