When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build from trash

-

olevince

Finally riding a big boys bike
IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0636.JPG
I saved the varsity from the garbage man and paid five bucks for the collegiate at a yard sale. Added a different chain ring a spring seat from an old Schwinn and some black hand grips. Cleaned and greased all the bearings and hubs. Bike is really comfortable and rides great!

Love it! I'm trying to think outside the box with things like this. There's a to of ten speeds out there waiting to have a new life.

I think it's great that you took someone's discarded items and turned them in to something that you can use and enjoy. It's a good looking functional rider also. Good job!

looks just like the one I picked up a while back. green and everything. I wanted to do the same thing but mine was too big for me, so I cut it up and stretched it out and made a chopper out of it. thinking of going with fat 24" tires.

Back