When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building 1948 Schwinn rider

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Still sitting in primer, had to set aside for house projects, will resume some time this spring after inspiration from an old bike buddy I ran into yesterday. Will post more pics of progress.

If they are S2s they would have a stamping that reads "Schwinn Tubular S2" On the rim. If they don't have stamping, they are likely non script lobdell rims

Early S2 are correct for a 48 - I believe that is the first year they were available, and would have been optional (at least on a DX).

It seem to me, at some point in time the rims must have been rattle canned silver. My hope is that it helped preserved and not caused more dilapidation.

Probably, will be some time next spring, cleaning parts and other projects and life, but haven't forgotten about it... it's lurking in the back of my mind ;)

Back