When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building 1948 Schwinn rider

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinn1776

I live for the CABE
Putting together a 1948 Schwinn thanks to ZE52414. It has truss rod forks and a LaSalle badge. Also has what I think maybe the early S2 rims with out the factory markings. Not sure if these are stock to this bike. Trying to find out if it was just put together using these parts from another bike or is stock. Anyway will make a super sweet ride!

IMG_20180330_163116357.jpg

IMG_20180330_163109946.jpg

IMG_20180330_163130687_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180330_163157965_HDR.jpg

Nice bike ! Looks like you have everything there for a nice rider.I'm wondering if that is a "fat bar" frame---- I just can't tell for sure from the photo---- tubular truss rod forks are cool--- I have 2 of them. Post pix when you are ready.

It's a fat bar frame or straight bar as I know it. It should come out nice. Will post more as it comes along.

I'm in Fort Collins. Have any "less-desirable" project rides you'd let go? ;)

That bike's going to be bada$$

Fellow Colorado bike nut! I'm scrounging up what I can, don't have anything at this moment. There's a bike swap this coming up weekend 4/7/2018 in Lakewood. There should be a mess load of good projects and riders available up there!

Any new progress on your build? Love to see it!
Roger
Got the rattle can red and white paint stripped off. There was only the hint of og green in bottom bracket. Its sitting in black primer now. been a busy week. will post up some progress pic tomorrow.

Back