When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building A 1930s Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

37fleetwood

Riding a '37 Fleetwood
see how I did that? looks like one of John's posts. :cool:
but seriously, I'm curious, what do you guys think the reception would be if I got together with a few people and designed a truly vintage bicycle? I'm not talking about a Wal-Mart bike that looks like a Columbia, I'm talking about a hand built streamlined steel framed bike, made here in America. after building the pair of Huffman Super Streamlines, I realized I had a ton of interest in building them. the main issue has been my reluctance to build exact replicas of a very rare and sought after bike.
what if I built something "like" a real Super Streamline? would there be interest?
what if I built bikes that were exactly like the Huffman Super Streamlines? would people be upset?
there would be challenges, sourcing stuff like the fork, wheels and hubs etc, but what about a basic frame set that you'd accessorize yourself? maybe with a few other parts that are already being produced.
they wouldn't be cheap, I can't feature making them here as one offs and being able to bring costs down to "Made in China" levels, and I'd always want them to be made here.
let me know what you think.

IMG_7019smx_zpsekcgkqbn.jpg

IMG_7023smx_zpsnoi3oces.jpg

IMG_9582sm_zps1d42ba51.jpg

The elfman build from two rat rod build offs ago immediately came to mind!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

way ahead of me? you do realize I built the two I built way back in 2010, he built his in 2015. also his is more of a custom, I'd be building a basic stocker.

I believe the market would be very limited either way. Seems like there is always a lot of interest until its time to open the wallet then that interest suddenly evaporates. V/r Shawn

I'm not sure, I suppose it would depend on how much it cost, and how limited the numbers. I'm figuring maybe do 20-50 per run, then change the design. they'd be limited originals. no wild custom stuff, just clean streamlined lines.

Id think more like 50% deposit. No offense to scott but in my experience anytime ive paid for something up front the person never had motivation to finish in a timely manner. I dont think anyone should have to pay 100% for something that isnt ready to be boxed and shipped. But a deposit is certainly in order for any building to be commenced. Thats only fair to the person doing the work.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back