When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building Beryl...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Beryl 1.jpg
Beryl 2.jpg
Beryl 3.jpg

I did a little sanding down to the primer on the frame spots that didn't cover well and carefully applied the paint with a foam brush. I think it worked okay. The temperature will remain above 56 degrees for the rest of the early morning...it will be okay outside. So far so good.

It will be down to the wire, the LBS guy is normally closed on Mondays but said he's get it over to me then and I still will have to install the clamp, post and seat, pedals and grips...no chainguard or fenders.

Now even with plenty of WATER ONLY in my bottle for the trips out the other day, I still got fricasseed a bit in the heat. Having been through heat exhaustion more than a few times before I limited work to nighttime for some things outdoors into the weekend...but the fenders are ready but for popping rivets where one brace used to be and hopefully adding one with screws. Like I said though, they won't be on the bike for a while, much like Tempest was fenderless the first days back, if not a month or so as I was in the hospital for a month just three weeks later.

We'll see what my fenders look like now that I'm basically finished though.

The rear fender went fairly nicely...The striping and triangle tip look nice!

For some reason the Rustoleum 2X Painter's Touch White I sprayed over the front fender CRACKED. I really don't know why, I've never seen that.

The other one was fine, the cracking is minor and I'll try to work it out a bit, and the guy just painted the entire fender in both cases. The LBS guy said he'd get it to me Monday although it's his day off, I have one ready to clear coat almost and the striping worked very well. If I manage to find the camera card again or get somebody to take some shots soon...SERIOUSLY both cards are misplaced...but since I just got one project out the door, three bikes chained up, parts going back to the shed for the Huffy later, finished my nephew's computer AND gave it to him after mom and his family came over for my birthday picnic (it's tomorrow, AND they brought me my Blondie/Garbage/1/2 of X concert ticket for next month), the living room and both bedrooms are beginning to come out of hiding again.

PS Remember that when it's your birthday, that doctor lied when he said, just a few more pushes and it will all be over!

He emailed me at about half past three and said it couldn't get finished today...and I understand as he got swamped just before the weekend. I have the time to work on the parts I have here though, and clean the house. I've got a bunch of earwigs getting in from somewhere, there were little black ants trying to bum off my cat's food and I had a black widow trying to hitch a ride on Tempest the other day that I had to carefully kick of the 'bus' a few blocks down the road.

There are thunderstorms and high winds coming through either near here or over the area into Boise this evening as well.

It's still sitting there in the repair room unassembled...since he's going to get the entire amount of money he said he needed to do this tomorrow I hope he can at least get it together in time for me to finish and ride it on the Fourth of July...

Two pics first, my birthday mini cupcakes and the ticket to see Blondie I got for next month. I'm celebrating having survived my old medicine trying to shut down my kidneys and kill me exactly five years ago that week (July 14 is the concert). I've wanted to see Blondie since I was a young teen, and in fact when my folks gave me a stereo clock radio for my 13th birthday in 1979, the very first thing it played WAS Blondie.

Cupcakes.jpg
BLONDIE.JPG

NOW, THE REAR FENDER!

REAR FENDER (2).JPG
REAR FENDER (1).JPG

I WALKED the bike home because I forgot the old style mount for the seat. If I find a carriage bolt can I even ride it?

NO. A thorn has taken the front tire down, (EDIT I probably held off because of the costs). Maybe I have slime in but there is no way I'm going to get it done right now. I've spent over 600 dollars on all this too. I lifted it over the sidewalk and missed any thorny spots and I still have the kickstand, seat, paint repair, and I'm not even to the chainguard nor do I have headbadge screws.

Madness. I'll go find the camera and post pics.

Anyway 001.JPG
Anyway 002.JPG
Anyway 003.JPG

Last edited:
Back