When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building Beryl...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I took the wheels to the LBS Saturday, so now he has the rear tire on Rosa to replace from Friday as well.

Never saw a bike tire of mine do that...

repainting and new spokes for front rim (1).JPG
repainting and new spokes for front rim (2).JPG
repainting and new spokes for front rim (3).JPG
repainting and new spokes for front rim (4).JPG
repainting and new spokes for front rim (5).JPG
repainting and new spokes for front rim (6).JPG
repainting and new spokes for front rim (7).JPG
repainting and new spokes for front rim (8).JPG
repainting and new spokes for front rim (9).JPG

front rim rust treatment (1).JPG
front rim rust treatment (2).JPG

Well, I removed the spokes from the front rim and decided to spray the Rust Reformer on the rim and hopefully he hasn't replaced the one on the rear yet so I can do the same and paint both of them.

I'm going back to get the rear rim shortly and I'll treat and repaint both this week. I need to get that done while I have some heat and dry conditions.

I left the fenders and Rosa's rack at the sign shop to get the stripes to stay down at a few of the ends. I have the tires, tubes and rims back home to finish the cleanup and repaint the rims.

The rims are on hiatus for about a month while I take care of things like getting locks and building a spot to securely lock up six bikes.

I got the locks yesterday and Rustoleum Painter's touch Ultra Cover gloss Navajo White for the rims. I cut out all of the spokes from the rear rim, took the hub to the LBS for cleaning and partial disassembly to get the last bits of the spokes out.

The rear rim has a little more rust restorer to go as soon as I can rotate and finish coating it. The front rim is ready to be painted. I'm also buying an old spoke tool from the LBS owner to put the front back together (I'm just not comfortable yet to take the rear hub apart even partly yet).

No stripes probably.

FRONT RIM...

Beryls rims (1).JPG

I had another can quit and had to go back to the store...but I almost have the front rim painted.

Both rims are nearly painted now, when the rear one is dry enough I'll carefully rotate it as I did the front. I might have the sign shop apply striping after that.

Beryls rims (2).JPG
Beryls rims (3).JPG

Rear...

Rear.JPG

Both...
Both.JPG

Last edited:
I had a couple spots that weren't catching and one fell off, I got them back up this afternoon and if it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll spray the clear acrylic.

The only problem with that now is 'which one was the front that needed truing? Gee whiz.

Not hanging the rims anymore but that paint is out, need another can, not getting it to stick in a few places. Got a spoke tool today as well and I will try to do both rims myself. I'm being given an 'early Christmas present'...a truing stand!

Spoke tool.JPG

I'll get those rims built up at some point for I also have a pair of chromed S-2s coming for either Darla or Beryl and hope to cold set Beryl and finally get her on the road.

Back