When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building Darla (Red Hornet)...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The good news today is that I have my fenders, a tank is on hold to work on and I will have a Delta Rocket Ray!

So I am officially the luckiest (overgrown) kid on the block :)

Fenders!

Darla_fenders (1).JPG
Darla_fenders (2).JPG
Darla_fenders (3).JPG
Darla_fenders (4).JPG
Darla_fenders (6).JPG
Darla_fenders (7).JPG

All my bikes have feminine names, but like women are also actors and comedians, Darla would be a D-series.

Tempest was named after a Pontiac 4-door I owned but never got on the road (bad cam lobe, spurted oil when I revved her, too much to spend), also a girls name (or a famous stripper, take your pick).

Germaine, my 1995 Cruiser SS - feminization of German (Arnold and Schwinn were Germans)

Theresa/Tess - my 1946 Shelby Traveler (think Tess Trueheart)

Rosa, my 60s red and white cantilevered Rollfast

Beryl (1951 Rollfast project) - green gemstone, also the name of Mrs. Patmore the head of the kitchen staff on Downton Abbey.

The 26" middleweight ladies Huffy project is named Holly...Holly Huffy.

Hey, Paul McCartney's old Land Rover was named Helen Wheels...

I got the payment sent to tech549 for the pair of Hawthorne crossbraced handlebars I will clean up and probably rechrome for Tempest later down the road, and I got the payment for my NOS Delta Rocket Ray for Darla and waiting to hear about a couple jewel reflectors and have to get some hardware to mount the fenders and rack this week.

I covered the speedometer over to protect it and the bare drive socket so I could chain it up out back and free the living room up some. When I get to putting the fenders and headlight on I'll bring it back in. So far it hasn't snowed again, however, Germaine is chained up to the TV antenna mast at the front of the house and I had to carefully get the fallen icicles out of the rear wheel...I need to tarp it.

Last edited:
Darla inder construction and her tank (1).JPG
Darla inder construction and her tank (2).JPG
Darla inder construction and her tank (3).JPG
Darla inder construction and her tank (4).JPG
Darla inder construction and her tank (5).JPG
Darla inder construction and her tank (6).JPG
Darla inder construction and her tank (7).JPG
Darla inder construction and her tank (8).JPG

I'm having trouble with the screws I got, Bicyclebones is sending me the correct hardware...the slotted screw in the fork is stuck. Meanwhile a big thanks to notabot for getting the tank here quickly and as advertised. I know it will need a bit of work but it will be worth it in the end.

The Rocket Ray and reflectors are on their way now.

It's here as well as the reflectors, the fender reflector is still a little loose, figure it needs another washer on the outside.

I'm not sure where to drill the holes for a Rocket Ray on a front DX fender, I'll wait until I can mount the fender and place it by eye.

Back