When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building Darla (Red Hornet)...

-
It doesn't seem to go on that way, unless I'm supposed to take the cone nut off to put it on.

And thanks, frank71 sold me the like new rims and tires, it's all his fault :D

On the Huret made pieces you sometimes need to use washers to space it out. Then I needed a longer axle so I said forget it! Bike had a rack on it so that was probably the limit for the axle length.

I've got plenty of axle, they are S2 I believe. IU'm got to finish securing the brake arm and then I think I've almost got it, other than that.

Darlas speedo.JPG

Looking at your speedometer pic. The dial turns to the right. And so I think you should mount the drive on the right so it turns clockwise.
Some speedometer heads I have had run to the left. Therefore counterclockwise. So need to be mounted on the left.
Cable should mount to drive on top either way.
That's my understanding, but I am no expert by any means.

View attachment 760704
Looking at your speedometer pic. The dial turns to the right. And so I think you should mount the drive on the right so it turns clockwise.
Some speedometer heads I have had run to the left. Therefore counterclockwise. So need to be mounted on the left.
Cable should mount to drive on top either way.
That's my understanding, but I am no expert by any means.
I can try the right side mount but the speedometer kinda looks good on the left (and I'm a leftie) and something would go over the bolt.

It reaches in the other direction but connecting it at the speedometer was the problem. It reached but wouldn't screw on, sort of like TV cables.

So....sounds like wrong cable and drive for that speedometer.
Keep looking... You will get it.
Just curious...what wheelset are you running?

Back