When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building Darla (Red Hornet)...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Be nice if the LBS guy would just let his pride go and figure it out. He asked for X dollars for parts and labor, I paid that already, Frank71 told me what the brace measurements are based on one of his straightbars with the same fenders and I'd like to ride it again before I die.

Well, I went over there and in front of his wife and mother got him to commit to finishing with the fenders on Tuesday or I was just taking it home. I paid what he wanted for the parts some time ago and the labor by May and it's really been nearly three months if I go back and look it up. Before I die is preferable.

Sheesh.

Probably could have saved a lot of money and time doing it yourself. V/r Shawn

I have damaged nerves in my right hand from spraying out a late 70s color TV and no stand. I would have if I could have. It was also a three-handed job that way. I do anything else I can, bikes, stereos or computers. He did have a lot of work to do but gee whiz.

Some days I think he's learning it. As well he should be.

Rocket Ray #3!

IMG_0479.JPG
IMG_0478.JPG

All I've really got left is to repair the two holes in the bottom of the tank, repair the horn with a modification to fire it from the handlebars and paint the tank.

Darla's dollup.jpg

The front is a kludge because he still didn't get the right length... @frank 71 ???

Darla's dollup (2) Sun S-2 rims and Kenda whitewalls.JPG

Darla's dollup (3).JPG

He still couldn't get the right length.JPG

No badge screws...need them

No badge screws.JPG

No brake strap either. I should have taped it in place.

No brake strap.JPG

Other than that, it rides like a dream but I need that brake strap. I saved my last Rocket Ray (for now) AND the rack (from @bicyclebones) to put on this bike and I suppose the Delta 4-way eventually @rodeo1988 (for now I'll mount the rack and try to rig the other Delta Hubabuba back there like I did on Tempest (@kirk thomas thank you very much) and the newer headbadge courtesy of @Danny the schwinn freak

The tank will be worked on soon to fix the holes in the bottom and paint (@Notabot for that one).

The fenders are a little scratched up but I also look SWELL and when I get the front braces done I can thank @Boris for the fasteners.

That's a lot of where it's @

Last edited:
So...where do I get some headbadge screws for this bike? I tried the True Value hardware store and couldn't find something to work in three rows of nuts, bolts, screws and specialty fasteners.

Back