When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building Darla (Red Hornet)...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So...where do I get some headbadge screws for this bike? I tried the True Value hardware store and couldn't find something to work in three rows of nuts, bolts, screws and specialty fasteners.

It's a #2 or 3 round head sheet metal screw. Metacortex posted the specs here some where, so maybe do a search for Schwinn head badge screw and his id.

Well, the guy helping me looked at it and just didn't come up with something among the entire Hillman set. He has been there more than 35 years and is trying to retire...I've known him since I was a teenager and he has found a lot of parts for me, even electronics related stuff Radio Shack didn't carry.

If I saved them I lost them. I'm trying to remember the combination after four months too.

Mom and I went to the laundromat at least...I'm gonna have to wait for the washer. The dryer works great so I took the clothes home wet. She got me a couple loaves of bread and a small watermelon as wel as we found a new three pack of briefs in my size at the thrift store, of all things. I was afraid that if I tried to use the washer again the leakage wouldn't be small this time, and I've had that happen before. Now I can make it until next Sunday when my brother in law has the day off.

Now if I can pick my own bike lock...

Last edited:
Back