When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building Darla (Red Hornet)...

-
Darla Delta Rockets.JPG

Only the Delta 4-way to go and DARLA'S DONE! As soon as I can fix one of the other two Rocket horns I will repaint it and install it on Rosa.

I'm not installing that 4-way without some help though. Drilling the fender right is not my favorite job.

Last edited:
Some help needed here...

It has been raining a good bit here this year. My problem is that if I turn the bike upside down water pours from the head tube. I need to fix this.

Seriously, taint supposed to be water in there. I know she's 65 and has a double jointed kickstand but there is only room for one bike project at a time in this humble hovel. Two was cramping Socks' style. And I made a hitching post for them hosses at the back left end and two out front. Also, hauling bikes up the doorsteps is a bit difficult sometimes.

831 Manor (1).JPG

Dude, I've had a membership at Bi-Mart since 1981. Tarps are no problem. There are four bikes out there and only one has this problem. What am I supposed to do with the tarp when I'm in a hurry to get somewhere?

latest?cb=20190317003046.png

And I had one for a long time, it was meant to keep snow off the two up front before I adopted more.

Let's show you something, Sven.

Bike hitching (1).JPG

Bike hitching (2).JPG

Bike hitching (3).JPG

I've got Germaine and Rosa chained to the TV mast up front and that stand is supposed to handle six bikes...ain't happening. Adding panniers/saddlebags assures that. Those are two old broken folding tables with that hanging bike rack upside down and but for nuts and bolts I think the rack part cost me all of $10 on Craigslist, if at all.

Now the rains were plenty and although there wasn't much snow the lawn got to be a jungle. My mower is kaput, I had to have a neighbor help me and I'll finish trimming as soon as I get line next week, when I get PAID.

I'm not unhappy about the lawn, the rain was a BLESSING after what we went through the last three years...drought, Snowmageddon and finally a good wet April and the water levels in the reservoirs are not only full but they have to let off the excess, this is a good thing and the farmers on the canals will get their nominal 4 acre feet this year. We should have great crops this year barring disease and insects.

But that's what I have. Now here is the spring cleaning situation in the living room right now that I'm working to wrap up.

Bike hitching (4).JPG

Spring cleaning.JPG

I'm trying to fix the vacuum cleaner as well. Everything on the floor is broom and dustpan.

So if you have this idea that I'm Speedy Bicycle Building and Repair, or that the LBS ISN'T closing in one month from today and I'm not rushed, please reconsider. I know you are kidding.

PS Every year hornets or wasps start building a next in my shed coming in via the vents at the top and I finally have to spray the nexts once more and put screen door mesh over them to stop it. They get into the house and pose a problem for the kids and grandkids here everyday. I have to watch out for them if I go in there. There are a couple nail ends sticking from the ceiling that they build nests on. This too must get fixed.

PPS I've lost 3 of my four computers to power supply failure or other stuff in the last week and I'm left with the crappiest one until I get another going.

Last edited:
Back