When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building Darla (Red Hornet)...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Not a huge departure but I thought I'd try and document the build up of my straightbar Red Hornet over a couple or three months.

In the morning I'll round up all the pictures I took while the computer with my the card reader for my camera was down.

First of all, these are things that have arrived or are coming.

Danny the schwinn freak sold me a new large badge.

image.jpg

I'm buying some DX fenders and Sun rims with Kenda whitewalls from frank 71 from this CABE ad:

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/kustom-47-d-x-for-parts.119460/

DSC00063.JPG

If you would, please help him finish that sale, it's a really nice project.

THIS is coming next month as well, from Bicyclebones!

my rack.jpg

This came from rodeo 1988 this month, a very nice Schwinn speedo, need a cable!

Darlas speedo.JPG

I already had the excellent red repro Schwinn chubby grips from Bicyclebones, out of this world nice!

Red chubby grips.JPG

A new Hornet decal from our leader (sm2501)...

Decal.jpg

And of course, Darla, also from Danny the schwinn freak!

My new Hornet.jpg

There is a springer that will go on later that I bought from Jay81 and some AS pedals from Slothagese to replace the half ladies from a Breeze, half similar but unknown ones. I also have a spare pair of ladies Schwinn Cross capped pedals, also from Jay81.

My AS pedals.jpg

Ladies pedals.jpg

Last edited:
One Sanyo generator set headlight and the Schwinn speedometer head I bought from Dave Laidecker and rodeo1988 respectively installed on the neck!

No images yet, tried to reload the computer with the card reader, got problems again.

Trying to get the badge screws out to change the badge over, that hasn't happened yet either.

The idea is to eventually make a Delta Rocket light the generator headlight with backup battery power. The fenders aren't there for that yet.

And YES, so far it looks GOOOOD.

Heck I would just put a set of pedals and grips on it and call it a day! V/r Shawn

Back