When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building Darla (Red Hornet)...

-
Darlas Dollup  (1).JPG
Darlas Dollup  (2).JPG
Darlas Dollup  (3).JPG
Darlas Dollup  (4).JPG
Darlas Dollup  (5).JPG

I'm just getting reloading my HP with Windows 7, this is the main one with a card reader. I had to completely reinstall and change the primary partition size (maximum is 450 MB. and that manages to solve the problem with Windows Updates failing to install at all, that and selecting which updates to do first)

YAY!.

Darlas Dollup  (6).JPG

Darlas Dollup  (7).JPG

I get paid Friday and the Shelby rack came today so hopefully by mid-December I'll have all the painting done for now as soon as I do some light sanding on the two spots where the chrome was messy and it was a little rusty, enough time to use the Rustoleum rust reformer on those spots and paint tomorrow, probably Colonial Red to match the fenders and chainguard.

I suppose I need to start a thread called Transforming Tess, if I haven't already started one for her.

Last edited:
The Tess thread is there now, and we WAIT for parts for Darla.

In case some of you haven't figured it out, it's a D-15, and D is also for DARLA HOOD, the darling queen of the Little Rascals/Our Gang, flame of Alfalfa, who was a fine singer and actress long afterward until her tragic passing at 47 in 1979.

Or maybe it won't. But the 9 hole DX rack repro from Bicyclebones came today and the fenders and rims/tires are coming soon now that the payment got there.

Soap operas are okay, but the Guiding Light ended ten years ago and they had to bring back Marlena and her evil twin.

It will after all. Now I need a Delta Rocket Ray in any condition but with a full shell, cheap condition is best and I'll work on it if needed. The DX ducktail fenders, rims and tires are on their way!

I believe the generators go on the left side if my memory is still on the right side.

Back