When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building Darla (Red Hornet)...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nothing but spacing and no Metacortex even though I specifically entered his i.d..

I just want the screws.

Figures. I never have any luck with the search feature here. Lowes is the worst I've seen and not sure why ours here doesn't work that great. I'll give it a shot and see what I come up with. Ace is the place if they have the correct screws.

Okay, the search feature here, and I'm sorry to say it, sucks. I went thru more than a 100 of Metacortex's posts and found the chart.

Here it is buddy! And here is the thread. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/w...schwinn-head-badge-screws.106965/#post-700365

1974p-a50-32-jpg.jpg

No Lowe's here, Home Depot (they sell in packages), I don't go to Walmart, Ace here is my former landlord's lumberyard and not likely, I'll print the image and go to the True Value store again.

I was referring to Lowes search feature being the worst. A lumber and hardware store that has a Martha Stewart Bed and Bath type person set up their search engine for construction materials.

The ACE has far fewer hardware choices, lots of wood, varnish and paint.

The True Value has a HUGE Hillman drawer system.

I'll go there now and try again, armed with that chart.

When I get home I'll solve the fender brace problem, they're attached with nuts.

My brother in law got the screw off and I located the fender brace hardware @Boris sold me a while back so now I can finish getting the braces and rack on right and prepare to drill for the Rocket Ray.

Where is it? I have a lot of stuff in here, haven't found it yet and I promised the bottom mount to a member with the handlebar flashlight holder.

Then again, if I weren't so loud I might just lose myself!

Okay, I sat down and finally got the braces on, I hope I didn't mix them...I spent an hour swearing at then last of the fasteners Boris sold me because I couldn't squeeze down to use the lock washer and then get the nut on (I REALLY don't have the right hand after the nerves got killed some)...so I gave up and fit a plastic center lock nut on and said the heck with that,, put the wheel back on and adjusted the braces and fender to fit equally and point straight.

The other rear brace wasn't that fussy and I have to attach them and the rack now. Then I'll temporarily cover over the two small holes in the bottom of the tank and put it on for an ugly show for a while. I have to locate the third Rocket Ray and worry about drilling the fender later.

I spent the night fussing again making a brake strap from plumber's tape then finding a screw and nut.

Now I have the front wheel on and can get the back one on as well then work on attaching the rack and rear fender.

Until I can actually find the battery charger I can't take pictures.

It's 4:30 am though, I'm pretty tired, and I know I'm not pretty.

Back