When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building Darla (Red Hornet)...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Darla 08192018_a.JPG

I'll take the 3-LED Bell thing off Rosa for now (the seat post won't stay up so I borrowed all this for Darla) and for now I'm finished.

I made arrangements with the bike shop owner to get the flat fixed and add liners and Slime. I'll hopefully get her back on the road next week. Walking it downtown wasn't easy on me though, I had to get her there before 4 pm and walking home made me rather sore and tired. I assumed the tube might not survive or it would have to be replaced anyway but I had to be careful with the tire and rim and it took forever.

I just sent mine off to be repaired and sandblasted though, and I live on a fixed income that's budget first come first served after the regular bills. Christmas is coming and if you look at my Project Rides threads you'll see I just sent a 1956 Columbia off to my sister's husband and have a '95 deluxe Schwinn springer and c.1966 ladies Huffy to go plus my Shelby and '51 Rollfast. I wanted to replate my Torrington crossbraced bars for Tempest as well. Or at the least get the brace that pooope dout of the ones it has back in and spot welded on the bottom.

I got this one because so far at $220 and a fair price for repairs and cleanup for painting I can afford to finish this over some time. I appreciate your offer though, thank you.

Progress on my tank...Dayton Vintage Speed says they finally freed the horn assembly and of course the battery holder is beyond redemption although but he's checking out the button assembly (which for me is for looks as I use externally fired horns but somebody might want to fix it properly after I've pedaled off). Now he's set to match up and replace the damaged section of the tank.

Darlas tank work the battery holder is toast.jpg

Darlas tank work the holes.jpg

Darlas tank work.jpg

Back