When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building Darla (Red Hornet)...

-
I've had some difficulties keeping the fender brace bolts together, so far I've lost four. The front right rear fastener took a hike of late.

Surprise!

Darla's tank is primered and drying!

Left half Darlas tank.jpg

Right half Darlas tank.jpg

Yet another awesome job by Tim Robbins @Dayton Vintage Speed !

The Tess thread is there now, and we WAIT for parts for Darla.

In case some of you haven't figured it out, it's a D-15, and D is also for DARLA HOOD, the darling queen of the Little Rascals/Our Gang, flame of Alfalfa, who was a fine singer and actress long afterward until her tragic passing at 47 in 1979.

Trivia question: How did Froggy die? Killed delivering papers on the back of his Cushman scooter. His buddy u-turned in front of a truck while learning to drive on Froggy's new scooter. He was not killed.

Well, I knew that most of them didn't have a good time of it, only Spanky lived a fairly long life, but let's not bum this thread out a lot.

Did you manage to go back in the thread and see what it looked like before?

That is four posts back at #110.

I had a large problem with Darla today.. I found Darla's front end is coming apart or something,

Darla's speedometer mount was loose at first but I couldn't figure anything else out, went to the restaurant nearby for dinner and when I started for home (tool cold to want to go all the way to the grocery store over a mile away to pay the utilities) I noticed the entire fork had play left and right but was controllable so I pedalled it home slowly.

Maybe the bottom nut is loose, or maybe ??? I really don't know what happened and it was a bit scary getting home.

Back