When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building Darla (Red Hornet)...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've had some difficulties keeping the fender brace bolts together, so far I've lost four. The front right rear fastener took a hike of late.

Surprise!

Darla's tank is primered and drying!

Left half Darlas tank.jpg

Right half Darlas tank.jpg

Yet another awesome job by Tim Robbins @Dayton Vintage Speed !

The Tess thread is there now, and we WAIT for parts for Darla.

In case some of you haven't figured it out, it's a D-15, and D is also for DARLA HOOD, the darling queen of the Little Rascals/Our Gang, flame of Alfalfa, who was a fine singer and actress long afterward until her tragic passing at 47 in 1979.

Trivia question: How did Froggy die? Killed delivering papers on the back of his Cushman scooter. His buddy u-turned in front of a truck while learning to drive on Froggy's new scooter. He was not killed.

Well, I knew that most of them didn't have a good time of it, only Spanky lived a fairly long life, but let's not bum this thread out a lot.

Did you manage to go back in the thread and see what it looked like before?

That is four posts back at #110.

I had a large problem with Darla today.. I found Darla's front end is coming apart or something,

Darla's speedometer mount was loose at first but I couldn't figure anything else out, went to the restaurant nearby for dinner and when I started for home (tool cold to want to go all the way to the grocery store over a mile away to pay the utilities) I noticed the entire fork had play left and right but was controllable so I pedalled it home slowly.

Maybe the bottom nut is loose, or maybe ??? I really don't know what happened and it was a bit scary getting home.

Back