When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building the bike that never was... a 1930s' Art Deco, streamlined, ladies CCM Flyte.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'd make a chainguard shaped like this:

IMG_6160.jpg

That upper chainguard was mostly used mid 20-34. By 1935 Schwinn were using their own. So I imagine other companies like CCM would have had an in-house Design by then also. Something between a later in and that early universal design.
While you work on it, if you are modifying one make sure to have the sprocket you will be using in there.
Also note ladies sprockets we a different tooth number than men’s.

Now that has some real potential... I HAVE a full British chain guard I bought years ago that I could cut down.... Maybe a little more meat over the chain around the chain wheel but I do like the overall concept of following right around the chain is a delicate manor.... very interesting!

I would fabricate a guard like this. This is about the sexiest guard ever.

guard uk.jpg

gu 901A0793-D5B2-474C-B4EA-BFC1159EAA6E - Copy.jpg

The best I can come up with now is the top chain guard pictures modified to the basic shape of the second one pictured.... Anyone got one of those top ones they would part with? What are they even from??? Thoughts?

View attachment 1124206

View attachment 1124207
I saw a post on here recently where someone had like 5 of those top guards for sale. I'll look for it. That silver one looks pretty cool too.

Back