When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building the bike that never was... a 1930s' Art Deco, streamlined, ladies CCM Flyte.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
fixed the color.

Krautwaggens' version is nice and swoopy, EDIT, proved me wrong, nice reference bike posted below!

Nice work anyhow.
great job on that one!

fl 36 ccmflytelg girlstoptube.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good! Thanks for your photo shop work! I would not know where to start :)

Last edited:
Just added up... I have fabricated and added 28 individual pieces to this frame!
Thanks for all the positive comments!

Making some slower progress on the ladies Flyte... got a new WALD kick stand for it and an identical one for the mens bike. Taking my time fitting the top tubes to make sure I am happy with the "line" of the tube as it meets the seat tube and the lug shape. I have sorted out the colours I will use on all the bikes.... NOT standard.... I am going to paint the forks like the 1936 Flyte version and use that colour layout. Planing to use navy blue and mustard yellow combination. Yellow forks and the top tubes of the frame and blue BB and the tubes joining the BB.... being a spray painter for a living I can change the colours if I decide I don't like them later!

Now looking for a few of the tiny little screw in oilers for the CCM hubs... nice little fittings, but hard to find.View attachment 303671
Very hard to find, if you get a source, put it up on the CCM vintage site...

So... the next decision I need to make on this project is the chain guard.
CCM Flyte bicycles were never fitted with chain guards from the factory.... BUT they never produced a ladies version of that bike and a ladies bike really does need a chain guard... I was not planning on doing the skirt guard (if that's what it's called?) on the rear wheel.... the wire or string laced ones. But I do want ideas fora chain guard!!

Last edited:
The oil caps are usually called "Gits oilers"

Back