When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building the bike that never was... a 1930s' Art Deco, streamlined, ladies CCM Flyte.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Great to see progress. Are you going to do a skirt guard?
Good question and one I don't have an answer for at this stage... only if I can make it "work" and look factory. I am aiming to build what CCM might have built and the CCM ladies bikes of the period I have seen didn't have them.... but if they add to the over all look then yes. So my answer yes OR no, and I am not being indecisive.... (Monty Python fans shout out!!)

This is a pretty accurate rendering of the bike I am building, (thanks to the person who did it) without the chain guard, I can't see how to make a skirt guard work and compliment the design, but I am always open to ideas! :)

fl 36 ccmflytelg girlstoptube.jpg

Good question and one I don't have an answer for at this stage... only if I can make it "work" and look factory. I am aiming to build what CCM might have built and the CCM ladies bikes of the period I have seen didn't have them.... but if they add to the over all look then yes. So my answer yes OR no, and I am not being indecisive.... (Monty Python fans shout out!!)
Perhaps you can purchase one on Etsy. Marc from Ottawa. I purchase one last year, they look great!

il_794xN.247838216.jpg

Hey, I think I may have done that render, what year approx is the frame on those? That would dictate the style chain guard or accessory chain guard for the correct era.
Otherwise give your lady on of these for her pant leg.

1579055009836.png

I kinda like it like this. Simple and clean so it really shows off all her curves & lines. Just my opinion.

I agree with you. But if the factory had built it I am pretty sure they would have fitted a chain guard at least on a ladies model. Hence I am agonizing on getting it to look "right". Not that easy as I am finding.

Thanks for doing that render it is very good! :)
CCM Flytes were built from 1936 to 1940....

Hey, I think I may have done that render, what year approx is the frame on those? That would dictate the style chain guard or accessory chain guard for the correct era.
Otherwise give your lady on of these for her pant leg.

View attachment 1124156

The best I can come up with now is the top chain guard pictures modified to the basic shape of the second one pictured.... Anyone got one of those top ones they would part with? What are they even from??? Thoughts?

gu es-l1600.jpg

gu puch s-l1600.jpg

Back