When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

built-in kickstand angle

-

57 spit

Look Ma, No Hands!
finishing up my 1951 DX and purchased a replacement 10" kickstand. Turns out there are multiple angles and I got the wrong one. Does anyone know how to correctly identify the angle to make sure I don't make the same mistake again when buying off the internet? Can I bend this thing?
IMG_7438[1].jpg
IMG_7436[1].jpg
Thanks!

So are you saying the stand spring part is not fitting?

No, i think he is referring to the angle the tube is attached to the frame. I recently had the same issue. Grabbed a shiney chrome stand from a box of spares and when installed it retracts the stand into the middle of the wheel. This was on a '48 DX.

Schwinn probably made 100 different kickstands so it is a PITA trying to pick up a correct one off eBay, or even from someone that says he has one that will fit. Been there more than once. The angle of the stand tube in relation to the chainstays is the bend angle of the stand. Then the correct length is the other factor. Is your bike a 26"? Ten inches long seems pretty short for a 26".

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=311287265852

Attachments

• 62parts20b.jpg
    62parts20b.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 196
Thanks guys. Looks like I need one that's closer to 45 degrees. Guess I'll keep my eyes open and just lean it against the wall for now.and yes 10" is an approximation and is also a little short.

A stand off a 50's middleweight should work if you have one of those out in the shed. I doubt you'll want a nice new complete chrome unit from the repop Phantoms.

A stand off a 50's middleweight should work if you have one of those out in the shed. I doubt you'll want a nice new complete chrome unit from the repop Phantoms.

I have a couple middleweight stands laying around. Not sure how great the springs are and you might have to do some cleanup. I'll see what I have in the morning. Rob

Back