When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Burglary, vandalism, bikes gone!!

-
Hey JD. I'm extremely sorry to hear about your loss. Hope these degenerates get what they got coming to them. Good luck with everything .

The kid should have his balls cut off with a dull, rusty knife. So sorry about the situation. Maybe we should all take a look at where we store our bikes and tools and see if any changes can be made to better secure our stuff.

Vandalism

The kid should have his balls cut off with a dull, rusty knife. So sorry about the situation. Maybe we should all take a look at where we store our bikes and tools and see if any changes can be made to better secure our stuff.

Hey JD - seems like you are being pretty good about the whole thing overall - I hope you are feeling a bit better now some time has passed.

Arggggg

As much as I hate to do a repaint, it looks like I have no choice. The wife loved the Yellow White combo as did I. Not the correct factory colors but the bike sure stood out in the crowd.
Not having a paint booth or the talent to do it correctly, rattle canning is my only option, come short of paying to have it done professionally.

I tried to do some cleanup on the now tiger striped rattle canned vandalized 55 yellow/white Columbia yesterday, and it appears I had waited too long.
The Rustoleum gloss Black paint has harden pretty good. procrastination is one of my better qualities.

Because the bike was rattle canned by the previous owner (looked good from a distance, but amateurish paintwork up close) the attempts to remove the layer(s) of the black the removal is also damaging the yellow and white.

So I have decided to strip her down this summer and attempt a repaint.

The Delta Rocket Jet fender light also has some black paint on the lens and the pontoons. Any ideas on getting this off?
Haven't tried the graffiti remover yet because I fear the chemical may fox /damage the lens. What a shame though, as it was a pristine condition fender light.

Thanks again for all the encouraging words and messages but, it's time to move on. The anger has subsided somewhat. Challenge in this hobby is what makes restorations fun, I just wish I was better at painting. I'm damn good at judging paintwork as that is what I do as a vehicle condition inspector...I can see myself critiquing my work all ready.
Hey but the mistakes on artwork are really only seen and known by the artist right?

Before

attachment.php

After

u9enyqet-1.jpg

gaby6esu-1.jpg

As much as I hate to do a repaint, it looks like I have no choice. The wife loved the Yellow White combo as did I. Not the correct factory colors but the bike sure stood out in the crowd.
Not having a paint booth or the talent to do it correctly, rattle canning is my only option, come short of paying to have it done professionally.

I tried to do some cleanup on the now tiger striped rattle canned vandalized 55 yellow/white Columbia yesterday, and it appears I had waited too long.
The Rustoleum gloss Black paint has harden pretty good. procrastination is one of my better qualities.

Because the bike was rattle canned by the previous owner (looked good from a distance, but amateurish paintwork up close) the attempts to remove the layer(s) of the black the removal is also damaging the yellow and white.

So I have decided to strip her down this summer and attempt a repaint.

The Delta Rocket Jet fender light also has some black paint on the lens and the pontoons. Any ideas on getting this off?
Haven't tried the graffiti remover yet because I fear the chemical may fox /damage the lens. What a shame though, as it was a pristine condition fender light.

Thanks again for all the encouraging words and messages but, it's time to move on. The anger has subsided somewhat. Challenge in this hobby is what makes restorations fun, I just wish I was better at painting. I'm damn good at judging paintwork as that is what I do as a vehicle condition inspector...I can see myself critiquing my work all ready.
Hey but the mistakes on artwork are really only seen and known by the artist right?

Good luck man - well done for being so constructive so soon after. It's more than admirable.

...also - your backyard looks like paradise. I'd give up my bikes to live in a place like that, and your workshop is super cool. I'd do anything to have your setup.

Thanks for the comments on the yard Marc.
But, the oasis in the back 40 is my only other solitude.
Now if you have a autocycle you want to trade I could let you use the yard anytime you want or desire.
Canoeing, fishing, widlife, gardens and mosquitoes is all part of the package.
You any anyone from the Cabe is welcome to hangout or I'll set up a tent and all could spend a few weeks relaxing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the comments on the yard Marc.
But, the oasis in the back 40 is my only other solitude.
Now if you have a autocycle you want to trade I could let you use the yard anytime you want or desire.
Canoeing, fishing, widlife, gardens and mosquitoes is all part of the package.
You any anyone from the Cabe is welcome to hangout or I'll set up a tent and all could spend a few weeks relaxing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That's very tempting :) - I want to save up and move out of my town into the countryside a bit so I can have a backyard like that. I just like it - it makes me happy to be surrounded by the nature and I can let my cats run around without worrying. I spent my whole life living in cities and wanna change that. Hopefully in about 6 or 7 years I'll be doing just that. I like the privacy and the neighbours being further away. It's the nicest way to work on bikes - and I wanna build a shop like you did too. Having the space to make things how you want is the best. I barely have space now and it costs alot more in town centers like where I am. The fresh air and silence and solitude is what makes me feel healthy and like things are right as they should be.

Your shop is great. I love it. Perfect. Nice big doors to open it up in summer and work out front if you feel like it. I'm jealous.

lol - I don't have an autocycle, yet, maybe one day though :)

Back