When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Busted Fender Brace Repair

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
Any ideas on how to fix this fender brace? I can’t find the piece that broke off. I don’t have any experience with welding or metalwork so I’m at a loss other than replacing the whole fender. FWIW, the bike is a AMF Roadmaster.

e82f61d641a770edde680be0d875266b.jpg
f9bafb15cf74f7908a06dc02343b529a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can try your local welding shop.
I’m sure they could fabricate that small piece and weld it on.

Short of replacing the brace [easy to find] , unless you have a spare brace, take a flat washer, with a hole large enough to fit the axle easily through and epoxy it to the end of your fender brace. Ace hardware, Menards, and Home Depot sell small tubes of "J. B. Weld." If you don't have access to welding, this will be your best bet. You can also replicate the end of your brace from sheet metal, and epoxy it on, or secure it with two rivets. The latter method would be harder to do, but is commonly done to fix this.

Short of replacing the brace [easy to find] , unless you have a spare brace, take a flat washer, with a hole large enough to fit the axle easily through and epoxy it to the end of your fender brace. Ace hardware, Menards, and Home Depot sell small tubes of "J. B. Weld." If you don't have access to welding, this will be your best bet. You can also replicate the end of your brace from sheet metal, and epoxy it on, or secure it with two rivets. The latter method would be harder to do, but is commonly done to fix this.

Good stuff. I’ll definitely look into this. I was afraid I’d have to scrap the project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A temp fix is to use two big washers, sandwich the broken brace in-between, and ride it til it breaks off again.

Or just find another fender brace.

Is the fender clearance to tire possible to simply redrill the mount hole "higher" on same parts then grind broke end square?

Back