When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buyer beware...again Delta Silver Ray MINT original with Glass lens? NOT.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nashman

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
PREWAR DELTA SILVER RAY FRONT LIGHT ORIGINAL GLASS LENS, BASE UNTESTED MINT https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/nos-delta-silver-ray-on-ebay-275.158698/

eBay item number:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PREWAR-DELTA-SILVER-RAY-FRONT-LIGHT-ORIGINAL-GLASS-LENS-BASE-UNTESTED-MINT/293229650697?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Plastic repro lens, pitted, highly suspect it's been replated. I bought it. Nice, but not mint and not glass lens. I'm negotiating a compromise with the buyer. This is what I've said so far.

Hello,

The light arrived today. Thanks. Issues though. The lens is plastic and is a reproduction. Plastic was not even used for bike lenses on the vintage this light was produced. They were glass. I have owned an original before. Also, it looks to have been replated/re-chromed so the body is not original either. It is a nice light, and I'd like to keep it ( too much hassle to return/postage etc. Customs) but paid for an original NOS light with a glass lens. What are your thoughts please? Bob

Hi,

Further to the issues with the light. It is NICE, but not MINT. Mint means pretty well perfect. These lights pitted all the time, and a MINT original probably doesn't exist. ( I hoped) This one was probably very nice, then was re-plated and a repro lens was used. It's difficult to photograph, but there are still pits in the chrome( not bad/ but not MINT) seen through the replate job. After shipping and duty it cost me $328.48. I think the right thing to do is refund $125.00. It is worth $200.00. Thanks for your consideration. Bob

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

That was the one that was NOS? I looked into eBay's section + seen I similarly priced. Then I looked again - and seen the one in question. There were silverays at $150-275- 289+ even a car light. I bought a alight a while back that had a beautiful finish
Almost top good to be true.and I feel like my bike deserved the nicest I could afford. The light that is being mentioned has been refinished and it was evident to me mostly because that's how mine came.I hope you are able to keep the light but I don't think the seller? Is gonna do it. Since most of my bikes were equipped with silverays I bought a car light resembling a silverays just so I could keep one in stock. The pics the original poster is showing sure look like glass to me. But that's eBay for you- you never know till you open the box

That was the one that was NOS? I looked into eBay's section + seen I similarly priced. Then I looked again - and seen the one in question. There were silverays at $150-275- 289+ even a car light. I bought a alight a while back that had a beautiful finish
Almost top good to be true.and I feel like my bike deserved the nicest I could afford. The light that is being mentioned has been refinished and it was evident to me mostly because that's how mine came.I hope you are able to keep the light but I don't think the seller? Is gonna do it. Since most of my bikes were equipped with silverays I bought a car light resembling a silverays just so I could keep one in stock. The pics the original poster is showing sure look like glass to me. But that's eBay for you- you never know till you open the box
It's pretty evident to me that it had a glass lens for the pix and he swapped out the lens for a plastic p.o.s. That's SCREW BAY for ya. Razin.

Bob, I think your proposal to the seller is way more than fair and equitable. Totally beyond reasonable. I hope seller does the right thing but let us know the final outcome.

Sh-t Bob, I am so sorry now that I even posted it. I feel terrible. I hope the seller does the right thing for you. So sorry.

Hey, no problem. Not your fault at all. It's a crap shoot on Ebay. The gal was ok and gave me a partial refund. All is good. Here is her reply:

Hi Bob,

I agree that 125.00 is fair to refund you so I went ahead and did that via Pay pal.

It was my friends who passed away so I do the best I can with descriptions on his Estate.

Anyway sorry for the issues.

Kind regards,

Back