When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buyer Beware!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

irideiam

I live for the CABE
Beware of Ebay user: jaycarr66,

Be careful if you buy classic/vintage bikes from this guy on eBay, his bike packing is careless or should I say none existent. I just bought a bike from him and all he did was remove the wheels, bars and seat and threw them in the box, resulting in a bent axle and damage to the original paint from the wheels rubbing against the frame. I can deal with the axle but there is no fixing original paint damage. I ask him for a partial refund for the damage and he refused saying he'd only offer a full refund. I kept the bike.

Typically, I ask a seller on eBay if they know how to pack a bike, give them tips, or ask them to have a shop do it, but he ignored my instructions and shipped the next day, most likely because he had it packed up already.

Last edited:
Why don’t you just get a full refund. Unless it’s a supper rare bike, others will come up for sale.

Send it back to him as he sent it to you. Force him to try and resell a damaged bike.

I guess, I should have said it was a rare bike at a reasonable price, and my larger concern is I would pack it up correctly and he would turn around and resell it without unpacking it and taking new pictures to disclose damage. I decided to stop and preserve what value is left in the classic.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrg
From most all appearances in seller's completed bike auctions, he's a scrapper, a bunch of pieced together mismatched parts. U no, seller has to pay for returns like this, right? I'd do it, stick it right back in same box and dump it in his lap, X fingers, Shipper smashes it too. .

And, your feedback, 'Won't partial refund'? Nope, you are the victim but it's making it appear as if U the cheapskate too.

U wouldn't like to get neg feedback on ebay from me cause, I make it perfectly clear if a seller screws me. No mister nice guy on ebay b/c it's a community and I want people to know, warned if I got screwed. Nice guys who take BS from a seller just make it worse for others.

From most all appearances in seller's completed bike auctions, he's a scrapper, a bunch of pieced together mismatched parts. U no, seller has to pay for returns like this, right? I'd do it, stick it right back in same box and dump it in his lap, X fingers, Shipper smashes it too. .
I care too much about saving classic & vintage bikes than to do that. I gave him negative feedback, and posted here to warn others. I'm moving on. He can live with himself, and his actions!

Reactions: mrg
Some people do not care at all. Can't comprehend beyond his own gain. It catches up eventually. Thanks for the warning

Here's the feedback I left, unfortunately Ebay limits characters to 80 on negative feedback.
" Careless packing resulted in damage, Seller refused partial refund for damage!"

Back