When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buyer Beware!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm kinda in the camp that he did offer a full refund and that he was not obligated to offer any sort of partial refund. That said I try to make things right if I have something go wrong. If you were really that unhappy you should have just thrown it back in the box and sent it back. Like CWCMAN said unless this was a piece of unobtanium you'll find another. Jus my 2c. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
Unfortunately being from careless or greedy sellers half the bikes I've gotten have not been packed very good even from here, glad to see your saving a rare bike from further damage ( by the time it was send back & resold who knows what condition it would be in ), would have been nice to get a partial refund but that the way I goes for us that try to save bikes and not part for profit, Good luck and can't wait to see pic of it. Oh, what is it??

Unfortunately being from careless or greedy sellers half the bikes I've gotten have not been packed very good even from here, glad to see your saving a rare bike from further damage ( by the time it was send back & resold who knows what condition it would be in ), would have been nice to get a partial refund but that the way I goes for us that try to save bikes and not part for profit, Good luck and can't wait to see pic of it. Oh, what is it??
1965 Schwinn King Size Heavy Duti, all original except seat, seat bolt, pedals, tires. Hard to find in this condition, since most were used commercially. A lot of you on here don't care for middleweights but I happen to like them better than ballooners. I collected King Size Americans and HDs in the past, but sold all my collection a few years ago. I couldn't resist this one when it came up.

Last edited:
You should have put in a complaint with Ebay if you wanted a partial refund. They will often cover it if the seller won't. Shipper should have covered it too, that way you get your partial refund and still keep the bike.

That is a really nice bike. Especially if you are tall. Middleweights still roll great! That seller was the subject of a past negative post. I remember the antiques shop window.
His phone number is in the window. Not the smartest advertising.

Yeah, that guy is a piece of work. I posted maybe a few months back, about how he came to my house to buy a couple bikes, and got angry with me when I wouldn't accept a personal check. I will never do business with him.

Yeah, that guy is a piece of work. I posted maybe a few months back, about how he came to my house to buy a couple bikes, and got angry with me when I wouldn't accept a personal check. I will never do business with him.
It is coming back to me. I remember your post. The guy does sell some bikes. He had a listing I was interested in. The ad said that complete bike was for sale but he was parting it out at the same time!? What if parts were sold and removed and then I hit the Buy It Now? Could have been a problem!

The basic standard of care includes sufficient padding for the expected rough, but not insane treatment by the shipping company. The seller's duty to the buyer does not end at the time of sale in that case, but extends to sufficient and customary packing and padding. A bare bones "drop in" with no padding falls short of the standard. Once you received the bike, you get a basic inspection period and you get to make the call of whether to seek a refund or to keep it. If it is OK enough to keep, then I agree you end up in the category of "fool me twice, shame on me". Sometimes you learn the hard way not to buy from a particular source. I've been there too and it's helpful to hear when these things happen to others.

The one concern I have about seeking a refund is that if you're truly dealing with someone unscrupulous, you could send it back and have him claim that actually, you damaged it unpacking or monkeying with it, and then you're out the bike and forced to go after him for the money. Hopefully eBay and Paypal would protect you, but you're in peril when you are out both possession of the good and the payment at the same time.

Back