When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buyer Beware!

-

irideiam

I live for the CABE
Beware of Ebay user: jaycarr66,

Be careful if you buy classic/vintage bikes from this guy on eBay, his bike packing is careless or should I say none existent. I just bought a bike from him and all he did was remove the wheels, bars and seat and threw them in the box, resulting in a bent axle and damage to the original paint from the wheels rubbing against the frame. I can deal with the axle but there is no fixing original paint damage. I ask him for a partial refund for the damage and he refused saying he'd only offer a full refund. I kept the bike.

Typically, I ask a seller on eBay if they know how to pack a bike, give them tips, or ask them to have a shop do it, but he ignored my instructions and shipped the next day, most likely because he had it packed up already.

Last edited:
Why don’t you just get a full refund. Unless it’s a supper rare bike, others will come up for sale.

Send it back to him as he sent it to you. Force him to try and resell a damaged bike.

I guess, I should have said it was a rare bike at a reasonable price, and my larger concern is I would pack it up correctly and he would turn around and resell it without unpacking it and taking new pictures to disclose damage. I decided to stop and preserve what value is left in the classic.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrg
From most all appearances in seller's completed bike auctions, he's a scrapper, a bunch of pieced together mismatched parts. U no, seller has to pay for returns like this, right? I'd do it, stick it right back in same box and dump it in his lap, X fingers, Shipper smashes it too. .

And, your feedback, 'Won't partial refund'? Nope, you are the victim but it's making it appear as if U the cheapskate too.

U wouldn't like to get neg feedback on ebay from me cause, I make it perfectly clear if a seller screws me. No mister nice guy on ebay b/c it's a community and I want people to know, warned if I got screwed. Nice guys who take BS from a seller just make it worse for others.

From most all appearances in seller's completed bike auctions, he's a scrapper, a bunch of pieced together mismatched parts. U no, seller has to pay for returns like this, right? I'd do it, stick it right back in same box and dump it in his lap, X fingers, Shipper smashes it too. .
I care too much about saving classic & vintage bikes than to do that. I gave him negative feedback, and posted here to warn others. I'm moving on. He can live with himself, and his actions!

Reactions: mrg
Some people do not care at all. Can't comprehend beyond his own gain. It catches up eventually. Thanks for the warning

Here's the feedback I left, unfortunately Ebay limits characters to 80 on negative feedback.
" Careless packing resulted in damage, Seller refused partial refund for damage!"

Back