When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buying A Bike Outside Of Usa. !!! Help !!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Very elite club to join! The BB club that is, congratulations, hope you don't have too big of a pain in the a$$ to get it home. Sounds like you are on the track to save a few bucks, and who of wouldn't at least try to! Joe.

Amanda, this whole thread reads like your spinning and there's no tomorrow.
Slow down, take a deep breath, and relax.
It's going to be fine. Ask all of the pertinent questions, and you'll get through all of the hoops necessary to get where you need to be.
Good luck with the transaction.

I could just be in some big trouble with customs, and I dont want to pay duties. Or penalties especially. and im still waiting to hear from marc.

Thanks for wishing me luck. I hope it works.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Im super excited to get a bb. I just hope it arrives safely and the shipping gets done correctly.

Everyone should learn from this. As a buyer you have to do stuff with customs ahead of time. You cant just get a bike in the mail

Im feeling better i heard from marc :) im glad he didnt ship yet so we can figure things out.

Does anyone have any advice on what to declare bikes as. Is it best to declare it at the value youre paying? Or is there no benefit to valueing it at what you pay? Does it work as insurance? You cant very well insure something for 7k and declare it as 1k of course. But im just wondering. Should one just declare it low?

OG tires will say made in usa. Only some JC Higgins were made in other countries.

It probably doesnt have og tires since its restored. But wheels and seat could maybe

Im feeling better i heard from marc :) im glad he didnt ship yet so we can figure things out.

Does anyone have any advice on what to declare bikes as. Is it best to declare it at the value youre paying? Or is there no benefit to valueing it at what you pay? Does it work as insurance? You cant very well insure something for 7k and declare it as 1k of course. But im just wondering. Should one just declare it low?

This is just wild speculation on my part but its not at all insurance, more like a tax, Its hard to prove the value on something like this so try to get it as low as you can. Any time I shipped to Marc he would have me declare the value at like $100. It should be easy to prove this was made in USA so you shouldn't have to pay anything.

Back