When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buying vintage and antique bicycles

-

Handle Bar Hoarder

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just curious to know from other Cabe members or collectors out there is there other places that I can buy antique classic bicycles besides here on the Cabe And eBay would like to know if there is other places to look I know there are some Facebook or social media outlets but I'm really not in to that so looking for other platforms for buying to fill my collection thank you

Just curious to know from other Cabe members or collectors out there is there other places that I can buy antique classic bicycles besides here on the Cabe And eBay would like to know if there is other places to look I know there are some Facebook or social media outlets but I'm really not in to that so looking for other platforms for buying to fill my collection thank you
Isn't time you sell a few? Just kiddin, besides Ebay and here, I check Craigslist and Letgo everyday, but have never scored anything cool. Don't have any social media accounts, but people find bikes on Facebook and such sometimes. I might eventually cave and join up, also could check on a few ex-girlfriends while I'm at it.

hit the streets, auctions, swapmeets, garage sales, estate sales, obscure swapmeets. ask in your neighborhood, via word of mouth.

Unless you are like the very few that do this for a living, you have to get lucky and find it by chance.

I guess I'm saying unless its ebay, the cabe and very few other forums. You won't find the same oddball bikes and parts for sale or even have fun with some of the characters here.

If you go on rider like the Coasters Ride you may find people selling their bikes. If you travel, check the local vintage bike clubs.

If you want to find a "honeyhole" or the gold, you have to get dirty. get down and dirty and find a lot crap before you find the good stuff.

The price you pay here or elsewhere pays for those people to bring it to us. If it were easy everyone would be doing it, right?

Last edited:
hit the streets, auctions, swapmeets, garage sales, estate sales, obscure swapmeets. ask in your neighborhood, via word of mouth.

Unless you are like the very few that do this for a living, you have to get lucky and find it by chance.

I guess I'm saying unless its ebay, the cabe and very few other forums. You won't find the same oddball bikes and parts for sale or even have fun with some of the characters here.

If you go on riders like the Coasters Ride you may find people selling their bikes.

If you want to find a "honeyhole" or the gold, you have to get dirty. get down and dirty and find a lot crap before you find the good stuff.

The price you pay here or elsewhere pays for those people to bring it to us. If it were easy everyone would be doing it, right?
I love a good estate sale, nobody has any cool bikes down here though.

I just thought maybe there was something I did not know about don't really have The time to go to many estate sales or garage sales where I live I've never seen anything like that for sale anyways or swap meets I didn't know if there is any other places on the Internet where people were selling off collections or how some of these other guys get some of these cool bikes I know the bikes are out there that I'm looking for but probably like everybody else they never come up for sale ha ha Ha just would like to know if I missing anything

Any place that sells stuff.My friend got a chrome Paramount at Goodwill and flipped it for $2500 ! I have found Great bikes at garage sales.Always be ready but dont get crazy and lose the fun of collecting.

A19E4E9F-5CAA-4F12-99FB-25E21D986691.png
Can’t tell you the other sites but they are out there

LOTS OF LEGWORK AND GA$$$$$$$
After 25 years of full time I got very few STEALS- mostly had to pay anyway- make just enough to live a life of frozen poverty! - Cool Junk,places and People - For me it beats 60 hrs a week in a suit and tie or flippin burgers.

Last edited:
I usually get mine by word of mouth- my friends know I collect, so they keep an eye out. "hey, I found you a bike!' Usually it's the '70's 10 speed "Free Spirit"- not what I'm in to, but I tell them thanks for thinking of me. You never know when they'll find that Silver King or Blue Bird in their grandpas basement- and hopefully they give me a call. :)

Back