When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buying vintage and antique bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This bike was found by a plumber...

1919-Flying-Merkel-1-1024x791.jpg

There used to be a guy called THE PLUMBER in the pittsburgh area - he had the most amazing bikes including a TON of bowden spacliners- some of which ended up with Craig Morrow
He used to put out a flyer occasionally- anyone have one?
Joe M from pa was a meter reader and found some bikes that way-
I have given out a million cards to plumbers repairmen meter readers - never a call.
From thousands of cards given out I got maybe 20 calls few that led to anything.

It’s not 20+ yrs ago anymore....stuff is drying up and prices are ridiculous...few if anything good is pure luck anymore. Yes Everyone gets lucky once or twice but to get great things all the time is pure luck and hard work.. there is no “honey hole” unless your in with a old time collector who never heard about this site or afraid of internet. Just keep looking.

I usually get mine by word of mouth- my friends know I collect, so they keep an eye out. "hey, I found you a bike!' Usually it's the '70's 10 speed "Free Spirit"- not what I'm in to, but I tell them thanks for thinking of me. You never know when they'll find that Silver King or Blue Bird in their grandpas basement- and hopefully they give me a call. :)
Well sometimes these "Finds" lead to something else and so on... It should like this. Friends says "yeah, my grandma has a barn with a cool vintage 10 speed, and some really crappy old bikes next to it"' that is where you take the time to go see.

Back