When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

c. 1929 Hawthorne Flyer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bicycle Museum of America

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello everyone!

I am hoping that someone here has more knowledge on this bicycle than we currently do. Any knowledge on the bicycle's history would be very helpful to us.

1628192844755.png

That bicycle looks like my old bike exactly..that's original paint.. it's missing the red light battery box.. cool bike

Circa 1929-G?
I forget when Westfield discontinued the reinforcement band joints at the seat tube mast, for the truss tube; 1931-J?
I have seen 1930-H and earlier models with; and later 1932-K models without.
I have also seen a 1930-H Westfield built Hawthorne with the 5-ovals chain ring sprocket (former Acme Stormer style).

So, we see a 90+ years old bicycle, perhaps owned by 6 individuals x for 15 years each?
History?!—I am kind of reminded of a statistic(?) that a person may be unlikely to ever meet (yet alone know) one’s own 3rd or 4th cousin.

Last edited:
Circa 1929-G?
I forget when Westfield discontinued the reinforcement band joints at the seat tube mast, for the truss tube; 1931-J?
I have seen 1930-H and earlier models with; and later 1932-K models without.
I have also seen a 1930-H Westfield built Hawthorne with the 5-ovals chain ring sprocket (former Acme Stormer style).

So, we see a 90+ years old bicycle, perhaps owned by 6 individuals x for 15 years each?
History?!—I am kind of reminded of a statistic(?) that a person may be unlikely to ever meet (yet alone know) one’s own 3rd or 4th cousin.
Thank you for the information!

Back