When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C-Model finally finished.

-

scrubbinrims

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
This bike I picked up at last April's Copake really fought me and represents the most time and effort I have into detailing.
From replacing spokes, scraping baked/caked grease from the rims with a credit card, straightening a couple of fender braces, rolling the fenders, rebuilding hubs and cranks, working out tank dents, chrome clean up, etc..., etc... this bike needed a lot of work and it was disassembled for many months as I focused on individual components.
I knew when I bought it the fender tips had been repainted as the lines were not factory straight and had thick brush strokes.
Thankfully that was the only repaint on it.
My plan was just to remove the repaint and expose the original layer, but that didn't go well so I decided to selectively strip the ivory chevrons entirely and redo them following the original paint template as best I could with primer and vintageschwinn single stage enamel (that was is a pretty close match).
Originally had a 9 hole rack, but I came across the aerocycle style in OP which I greatly prefer and correct for a (year's and earlier) C-model, actually one of my favorite racks of any manufacturer.
It is still a little greasy and not 100% original, but I finally finished it around 2 am yesterday and I am pleased overall and it rolls effortlessly.
Thanks Paul G. for reaching a price we both could live with.
Chris
DSCN0794.jpg
DSCN0803.jpg
DSCN0795.jpg
DSCN0796.jpg
DSCN0797.jpg
DSCN0799.jpg
DSCN0800.jpg

DSCN0794.jpg

DSCN0795.jpg

DSCN0796.jpg

DSCN0797.jpg

DSCN0799.jpg

DSCN0800.jpg

DSCN0803.jpg

Last edited:
That's a real beauty Chris. There's a local guy here that has one in pieces in the same color as yours, even the black wheels with pinstripe, but will not part with it. I'm really going to work on him this year to try and give it up. Rob.

Bike looks great. Interesting lock on the fork. Is it a Wise lock?

Back