When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C/t question.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ZE52414

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I’ve been doing a little research on prewar cycle trucks and I’m just curious to why they used a flat fender brace on the front and a regular one on the rear?

Thanks guys.
Zach.

I always assumed that it was a clearance thing, since the drop stand pivots off the axle.
That makes sense, but why not just use flat braces on the rear as well?

Was it because it was delivery bike and they weren’t really worried about the look of it?

I always assumed that it was a clearance thing, since the drop stand pivots off the axle.
I think you're correct , a pivot issue or a round brace may get smashed when axel nut is tightened

v99UYeHySuaDzm1I7hICtQ.jpg

That makes sense, but why not just use flat braces on the rear as well?

Was it because it was delivery bike and they weren’t really worried about the look of it?

Possibly because they had already transitioned to round braces on all other models so use what works instead of gearing up to reproduce the 26" flat type again for only one model bike , and only around for 2 years before WWII, so relatively a new and un-seen bike to a lot of the country .

Possibly because they had already transitioned to round braces on all other models so use what works instead of gearing up to reproduce the 26" flat type again for only one model bike , and only around for 2 years before WWII, so relatively a new and un-seen bike to a lot of the country .
Makes sense. I appreciate everyone taking the time to help clear this up for me :)

Makes sense. I appreciate everyone taking the time to help clear this up for me :)
I picked up a cycletruck 1939 (1st year) a few months ago. The cycletruck came with flat rear and front fender brackets. I was curious if that was correct because I noticed other cycletrucks with round rear fender brackets?

I picked up a cycletruck 1939 (1st year) a few months ago. The cycletruck came with flat rear and front fender brackets. I was curious if that was correct because I noticed other cycletrucks with round rear fender brackets?
From what I’ve seen In all the catalogs is the rounded one was used on the rear. My guess is someone probably added the flat on the rear just to match the front. But it’s simply just a guess. I’m new to the c/t world. Here’s mine. It’s in about 35 pieces now. Merry Christmas. :)
A17E639C-3B7B-4F59-A0BB-465BFC8BF5FF.jpeg

From what I’ve seen In all the catalogs is the rounded one was used on the rear. My guess is someone probably added the flat on the rear just to match the front. But it’s simply just a guess. I’m new to the c/t world. Here’s mine. It’s in about 35 pieces now. Merry Christmas. :)View attachment 924598
That is an awesome cycletruck. Send me a picture when you complete your cycletruck.

Back