When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ca. 1896 'The Hoffman'

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
A lovely specimen I have been waiting on for quite a while now after securing her release from the Upstate NY safehouse where she was hiding out to evade capture and "restore."

Ca. 1895-6 'The Hoffman' ladies out of Cleveland, Ohio.
Marketed, raced, and sold by Con. Baker and seemingly had a very fine reputation however few seem to survive.

Original oxblood enamel with great black pins are still hanging on as is the original headtube mfg decal and American flag decal-

All the great period trim pieces are still intact, single tubes, grips, and Mesinger ladies saddle.
One of the more interesting chainguard lace patterns I've come across still intact, it forms a star around the chainwheel that I quite like.

I added only a matching grip end-cap ferrule to the original and the bell top which I felt matched the patina (and spirit) of the bike and fit the original bell base perfectly. I hope the original owner would approve and this bike can still be considered non-collector'ized

I have adverts for a handful of pieces of hardware on the bike and a great card courtesy of @New Mexico Brant that he posted on the only other Hoffman thread I can find here on the CABE-

Hoffman1.jpg

Hoffman2.jpg

Hoffman3.jpg

Hoffman4.jpg

Hoffman5.jpg

Hoffman6.jpg

Hoffman7.jpg

Hoffman8.jpg

Hoffman9.jpg

Hoffman card and Con Baker images.jpg

1896 Mesinger Saddles.jpg

Brandenburg Pedals.jpg