When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Ca. 1897 Excellent Gendron TOC Juvi - Wood Bars with spoon brake and original paint

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Price
Zipcode

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Excellent survivor bicycle available from an iconic crossover company -
Gendron "Signal" No. 3 young ladies 24" wheel safety bicycle.
Lots of excellent features:
  • DUAL original paint(s)! As described in the catalog it has both the optional orange enamel and the optional maroon over the orange. The effect after 120+ years is close to a pomegranate.
  • "Bolt-on" seat stays as per many high end mfgs.
  • Concealed spoon brake in steer tube functions well *but the handle has broken off long ago as shown.
  • Wood handlebars with killer integral wood grips seemingly all one piece? The grips do not appear to come off.
  • Original 24" wood wheelset
  • Original chainguard, skirt guard fender, and lacing remnants.
  • Lovely solid early saddle
  • Original pedals though one is partial.
  • Fixed gear, block chain drivetrain.
  • Lovely paint matched braces for original chianguard- a feature I have not seen before

Tough to find bicycles this size especially in nice colorful condition, a great addition to any collection trying to show the full breadth of colors of the 1890's.
$1,200 shipped CONUS from Richmond, VA or available for pickup at ML.
I will be traveling to central Mass at the end of this week for any possible delivery options.
These are photos I took some time ago for the purposes of sharing but I can take more detail photos for any serious potential buyer.

1897 Gendron Signal No 3.png

1897 Gendron Model 24.jpg

Gendron Signal No. 3 side view.jpg

Gendron Signal No. 3 badge.jpg

Gendron Signal No. 3 brake and bar1.jpg

Gendron Signal No. 3 chaingurard bracing.jpg

Gendron Signal No. 3 color closeup.jpg

Gendron Signal No. 3 grips and bar.jpg

Gendron Signal No. 3 dropouts.jpg

Gendron Signal No. 3 spoon brake .jpg

Last edited:
This killer little machine is still available and I'm open to trade talks- I've been dabbling in old signs lately as a barter medium?
I may have gone overboard in budgeting the rebuild of this little machine given the demand for juvi lil' girls bikes but man I just can't let a special bike go under-served.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back