When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ca. 1897 Gendron Signal No. 3 - Ladies 24" Wheel

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Lovely little ladies wheel on the stand today -
24" wheel Gendron Signal No. 3

Very interesting color scheme (maroon over orange with original pins and ornament) @lgrinnings aptly called it pomegranate
Factory supplied adolescent sized wood bars with original metal ferrule wood grips.
Spoon brake that conceals most of itself in the steer tube, an element still missing but I will figure that out.
Wood skirt and chain guard still intact, lacing is worse for wear but holding on in places.
Both wood guards have very heavy duty mounting brackets painted to match the frame.
Nickel is fantastic throughout, even on the chain.
The seat stays are separate tubes that bolt on as I see may be a common thread among the Gendrons of this narrow era?

One of the banjo tensioners was installed backwards which meant it didn't tension properly and so the rear wheel was misaligned, that may have to this bicycle being retired and saved.
The only feature of the bike that is not original are the tires but they are rock hard 30's white walls, despite having a nice set of original 24" single tube tires, I don't think I'll be doing that today.

Gendron Signal No. 3 side view.jpg

Gendron Signal No. 3 badge.jpg

Gendron Signal No. 3 brake and bar1.jpg

Gendron Signal No. 3 chaingurard bracing.jpg

Gendron Signal No. 3 color closeup.jpg

Gendron Signal No. 3 grips and bar.jpg

Gendron Signal No. 3 drivetrain.jpg

Gendron Signal No. 3 spoon brake .jpg

Last edited:
Back