When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reduced Ca. 1897 Transit Two man lightweight tandem

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
1750 Shipped
Zipcode

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Ca. 1896 'Transit' tandem in excellent condition overall retaining a great deal of original hardware.
Anderson Brothers, Boston, Mass built - a great deal of excellent company history.

I believe the paint, while faint is original, the badge which was missing when I found the machine initially has been replaced and is awesome albeit delicate.

All contact points turn buttery smooth, this was a very well cared for machine.
Check out the "toothed" headsets! Proprietary equipment all locks into place snugly.
Excellent clearance / alignment of all the gear that needs to agree- I've always been very impressed with this machine.

While there are disputes over the use of linked steering in racing my theory (based on evidence) is that there was a brief period which linked steering was experimented with by track tandem builders and I believe this machine may be a part of that tradition based on the build, company, and quality of the machine.
Attached are a few images from the Transit company history as well as an image of the Opel tandem racing team showing pro-use linked steering tandems from 94'.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Open to partial or straight trade depending- PM me
Reduced to $1750 Shipped CONUS
Delivery to Memory Lane available

Transit Tandem9.jpg

Transit Tandem1.jpg

Transit Tandem2.jpg

Transit Tandem3.jpg

Transit Tandem4.jpg

Transit Tandem5.jpg

Transit Tandem6.jpg

Transit Tandem7.jpg

Transit Tandem10.jpg