When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ca. 1897 Tribune Special Triplet

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
This has already been a somewhat long term project but I realize I have not shared much progress yet.

This first year Tribune triplet features an early, perhaps original owner, paint job in red with metallic blue darts, seemingly a nod to the original “robins egg blue” that was completely removed from the machine prior to this paint job.

When I discovered the bike it was on 26” ballooner wheels, sans original hubs. The fork steer tube was broken off and the captain bars / stem were replaced with 40’s era junk.

With an exceptionally wide fork spacing the front hub was a challenge but I found a perfect fit, the rear hub currently is currently a placeholder while I look for a fitting 40 hole rear.

More photos to follow soon, just wanted to share since I had it on the stand yesterday.

15343edb99e1b0162381c0cd1ccfcc67.jpg

61f4361955ca2995fd04aba87a1d5c65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jesse
3 of my AA3 Sager 1897 racing saddles would look great on that bike.
David I tend to agree with you!
You don't happen to have a method of tenderizing them do you? This bike is lovely but it is sweaty too, super clean saddles would stand out like un-sore thumbs on a sore bike.

Very nice triplet Jessie, I would like a pacing triplet in my collection if you know of any..
cheers Steve
Believe it or not Steve I do know of a handful of triplet bikes out there in the world though getting them bought and then moving them can be a challenge in my experience.
Both of my triplets took a bit of convincing for me to pry away from their owners but promise to attempt to "do right" by them helped.
I have this Tribune triplet and a Fauber built pacing triplet I have been working on for quite some time as well.
I know of a completely refinished Tribune triplet, I will brainstorm for you.

Hi jesse
Yes they would stand out like a sore thumb on a sweaty bike. I guess you could drag them behind a bike for a while ,that should give them a weathered look. I would think it would be pretty hard to find 3 saddles with same style that look right on a Triplet.

Believe it or not Steve I do know of a handful of triplet bikes out there in the world though getting them bought and then moving them can be a challenge in my experience.
Both of my triplets took a bit of convincing for me to pry away from their owners but promise to attempt to "do right" by them helped.
I have this Tribune triplet and a Fauber built pacing triplet I have been working on for quite some time as well.
I know of a completely refinished Tribune triplet, I will brainstorm for you.
I believe it, if it’s your thing certain bikes come to you. I’m a tandem guy have been since high school, road one to school some days. I have about 7, half I’d them I ride, rode a 1935 Carbine Tandem in the shearers ride a few years back.
TOC Triplets & Quads not so common in Aussie. As you know I’m a mad Major Taylor fan, A pacing Triplet would complement my MT tribute collection and I think they look so cool, as MT did so many world records with pacing Tandems.
In my MT tribute collection I have a 1903 Massey Harris, early 1900 Peugeot, Alcyon, Labor and a Iver Johnson.
so only need 4 more bikes plus a Orient Triplet a Worcester/Munger, Orient, Orient/ STEARNS Chainless Sager drive, Comet. My collection is open to the public by appointment so enthusiasts can always come and see these wonderful bicycles and have a chat...
many thanks for your assistance Steve

Back