When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Ca. 1900 G&J "Rococo Lug" Rambler Winter Project

-
Price
Zipcode

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
For your consideration:
A near complete c. 1900 G&J Rambler project for your winter idle hands.
This is an ideal candidate for a full restore rider or an excellent wall hanging piece of mechanic artwork or any sort of build in between

No frame damage, dents or bends.
Matched set of G&J proprietary hubs with fixed gear rear- great profile and and difficult to find given the common replacement of an early coaster hub rear.
Matched set of G&J proprietary pedals turn smoothly.
Crankset turns smoothly, block chain free moving so the drivetrain turns nicely.
I believe the stem is original to the bike based on the G&J proprietary grips & bars that are still intact.
I believe this model would have used the vertically spaced Rambler badge vs. the wrapped G&J badge of the earlier years.
I do have the original badly taco'd G&J clincher rim set that can be included for posterity or study if so desired.

Fork turns smoothly but the headset needs attention, I left it alone to be soaked properly.

$1,200 picked up in Richmond, VA
$1,300 shipped CONUS
Open to trade and talk

Rambler1.jpg

Rambler2.jpg

Rambler3.jpg

Rambler4.jpg

Rambler5.jpg

Rambler6.jpg

Rambler7.jpg

Rambler8.jpg

Rambler9.jpg