When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold ca. 1920 Miami (Flying Merkel?) motobike project

-
Price
$695 plus actual shipping
Zipcode

lgrinnings

I live for the CABE
Here is a circa 1920 Miami (possibly Flying Merkel) motobike project. What I know...
  1. This bike is genuinely Miami
  2. This frame originally possessed a bottlecap badge
  3. This frame features an offset bottom bracket for a center drive crank
In Shawn's article, The Flying Merkel Bicycle: An Evolving Study, he points out, "For a Miami frame with a bottle cap hole and no badge it is not possible to positively identify it as a Merkel unless it has the center drive crank." Again, I'm not making the claim that this bicycle is 100% a Flying Merkel, but it certainly checks all the boxes.

I've assumed the front fender is a replacement and the rear is original. The bike is overpainted red with some rust coming through. There's a hole for a bottlecap badge. Serial number is 13344 with an H below.

As stated, this is a project and no steps have been taken to clean anything up. If you've ever wanted to own one of these elusive and exclusive machines, here's your chance. Thank you for your interest. $695 plus actual shipping in the US. Payment via PayPal family and friends is preferred.

Please review pictures closely and message me with any questions.

-Lester

P.S. Check out my other listings by clicking here: https://thecabe.com/forum/index/sell-trade-bicycle-parts-accessories-ephemera.4/?starter_id=9157

Back