When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ca. 1948 G. Fiori w/ Cambio Corsa

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
My latest Italian stallion newly arrived from Bologna, Italy. A huge thanks to Darren @dnc1 for putting me in touch with the seller and thank goodness for Google translate! It took 22 days but worth the wait. I believe this has some components such as bars, stem, and brakes that aren't contemporary but I'm ok with that. If anyone has any info on this maker or more info on the bike I would appreciate it--I can't find anything. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
So glad it all worked out well Shawn.
It certainly looks fantastic and a great addition to your burgeoning collection of 'Cambio Corsa' equipped machines.
I look forward to learning more about it along the way.
Thanks Darren. This makes my fourth Cambio Corsa equipped bike along with two Paris-Roubaix bikes. I’m hoping someone may have more info on this maker. V/r Shawn

-----

congratulations upon this arrivenation nuovo! 🤩

---

frame -

head lugs are Agrati pattern "BRIANZA"
upper head lug is item N. 000.8034
lower head lug is item N. 000.8033

seat lug is Agrati pattern "ROMA" and is item N. 023.8059, used here with Malaguti plugs it is also made with standard binder ears and in a bare form without either binder ears or Malaguti plugs

bottom bracket shell is Agrati pattern "AM"

---

fittings -

headset appears to be Way-Assauto although Agrati also offered a set of this pattern; theirs is item Art. 209.3071

earliest possible date for cycle's Tecno Tubo Torino Gran Prix stem w/allen expander is ~1966

pedals Sheffield (Noli-Cattaneo) model Corsa Nr. 655

Fratelli Pietra brake calipers appear to be Universal Sport model Nr. 131, levers appear to be model Nr. 306

rims look like they may be NISI

---

marque -

as you likely discovered in your searches there is another Fiori marque belonging to the Canadian firm of NORCO, based in Burnaby, British Columbia

most of their Fiori badged cycles are contract manufactured in Japan but there are also a few top end models which were done in Italy by Tomasso

so it is important to include the "G." when searching

there have been at least twenty cycle producers based in the city of Forli -

-----

-----

congratulations upon this arrivenation nuovo! 🤩

---

frame -

head lugs are Agrati pattern "BRIANZA"
upper head lug is item N. 000.8034
lower head lug is item N. 000.8033

seat lug is Agrati pattern "ROMA" and is item N. 023.8059, used here with Malaguti plugs it is also made with standard binder ears and in a bare form without either binder ears or Malaguti plugs

bottom bracket shell is Agrati pattern "AM"

---

fittings -

headset appears to be Way-Assauto although Agrati also offered a set of this pattern; theirs is item Art. 209.3071

earliest possible date for cycle's Tecno Tubo Torino Gran Prix stem w/allen expander is ~1966

pedals Sheffield (Noli-Cattaneo) model Corsa Nr. 655

Fratelli Pietra brake calipers appear to be Universal Sport model Nr. 131, levers appear to be model Nr. 306

rims look like they may be NISI

---

marque -

as you likely discovered in your searches there is another Fiori marque belonging to the Canadian firm of NORCO, based in Burnaby, British Columbia

most of their Fiori badged cycles are contract manufactured in Japan but there are also a few top end models which were done in Italy by Tomasso

so it is important to include the "G." when searching

there have been at least twenty cycle producers based in the city of Forli -

-----
Thanks for the excellent run down! Yep I have run across the Japanese built bikes but have struck out on the G. Fiori so far. V/r Shawn

Outstanding! Thanks for the detailed photos. Is the seat tube decal "STILE"? What is the decal on the "Special" stem? I am waiting for some responses regarding the Fiori brand.

I am still trying to find a means of shipping the "Cambio" bike. My frame supplier is only 115Km from it, and although I offered substantial monetary incentive to retrieve it, they balked. They will pack and ship a bike to me from their own inventory for €150, but want €1000 to retrieve, pack, and ship. I've given them $1000s in business over many years so I am a bit disappointed that they are not being reasonable; they might not hear from me anymore. Now I am contacting every local bike shop in the area for estimates since they are all within 10Km and the bike is pretty much disassembled already. I could take an Italian vacation for about the same cost and pick it up myself.

Last edited:
Outstanding! Thanks for the detailed photos. Is the seat tube decal "STILE"? What is the decal on the "Special" stem? I am waiting for some responses regarding the Fiori brand.

I am still trying to find a means of shipping the "Cambio" bike. My frame supplier is only 115Km from it, and although I offered substantial monetary incentive to retrieve it, they balked. They will pack and ship a bike to me from their own inventory for €150, but want €1000 to retrieve, pack, and ship. I've given them $1000s in business over many years so I am a bit disappointed that they not being reasonable; they might not hear from me anymore. Now I am contacting every local bike shop in the area for estimates since they are all within 10Km and the bike is pretty much disassembled already. I could take an Italian vacation for about the same cost and pick it up myself.
Well hopefully it works out for you. Here are some additional shots of the decals. V/r Shawn

Thanks for the additional photos Shawn! I knew there was a Gran Prix stem, but thought it was marked as such. Is GRAN PRIX cast into the left side, or just 3ttt?

Back