When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ca. 1948 G. Fiori w/ Cambio Corsa

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Finally joining the "cambio corsa club" and getting the details complete for shipping this Paglioli cambio corsa bike across the pond. Seller made things very difficult even while being quite flexible when trying to accommodate my needs.

I'll get a thread going on it when it arrives; only poor seller photos at this time. It has never left its hometown of Modena. Luckily, I have a dealer friend who lives a couple Km's from the bike's location that is facilitating the shipping, as well as having an excellent head badge for it. I am purchasing a nice Giulietta frame to accompany it since it was much cheaper to use two boxes than one large box and as a thank you for Sergio's assistance.

ba2e10e1-1d80-46da-976e-c8d6dfd92df9 (2).jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats Jesper on getting that worked out. Any ideas yet on a possible year for this new beauty?

Congrats Jesper on getting that worked out. Any ideas yet on a possible year for this new beauty?
No idea as to the year yet. Original equipment, except I believe the crankset, 3t cockpit, and definitely the pedals are replacements. I am also dubious about the hubs (rear anyways) and freewheel due to missing spoke guard. Pump is stated as original, but that is a much newer (circa 70s-80s) SILCA pump; definitely not 40s. I need to get a better look at the Universal brakes (pre-Mod. 50/51 Extra; Mod. 39s?, BREV 361556, and not BREV 361666). There are 2 versions of the rod lever handle design; early version with a star, these are the later version with essentially the same design used on cable shift levers. There were 2 rod length variants: short set "Corsa", long set "Sport" (prior to '46 only 1 length; not sure which was earliest length). Note: my '53 Campy catalog states: "A richiesta si forniscono i cambi con le maniglie più lunghe per cicli de turismo" ("On request we can supply gearboxes with longer handles for touring cycles"); I don't know if that pertains the rod height or specifically to the rod handle section length. Missing spoke guard, but there a couple versions of it that would also have helped determine age (later was larger diameter; I believe to be used on the 19 tooth drop-out frame for 5 speed freewheels). I know it has the pre-1949 quick release design without "D" rings. I think the frame will be circa 1946-1948; maybe slightly earlier, but I doubt later than 1949. The drop-out tooth count is 17 versus 19, and it has a 4 speed freewheel.

Thanks Jesper for all the amazing information. Looking forward to your progress on this one.

-----

fittings -

possible that person who fitted present chainset may have reused the oem bottom bracket cups

if so, they could provide a clue to the original chainset

suspect two most likely producers would have been Giostra & Way-Assauto although FB, Agrati and Gnutti could also be candidates...

-----

Back