When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CABErs Riding Classics

-
@rcole45 on Top O' the Page... CABErs riding Classics
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439330760.551920.jpg

always having fun.

I suppose each to their own & if all you're getting from this thread of other cabers riding & enjoying their great bicycles is that the seat is too low .. then well ....

Everyone I know & ride with sets their bikes up how they like to ride them - If your fortunate enough to buy one of their bikes when they decide sell it - by all means - set the bike how you like to ride it

I ride road bikes - mountain bikes - vintage 26 bmx bikes - big tire snow & sand bikes - etc ... I'm never sore from riding - maybe I ride too often to get sore

The ideal position of seat - bars - etc depends on type of ride for me - most of the balloon bikes I ride you can only adjust the seat so high - I like the seat low though - the balloon bicycles are tighter geometry & were originally intended for children to ride anyways

Oddly enough the topic of our seat being to low - according to others - has never been a topic of conversation as we are enjoying our bicycle rides - hmmmm - Simply out enjoying the day on a ride on the strand or local vintage bicycle ride with friends - fellow cabers or bicycle enthusiast who roll slow & take in conversation & the day - we ride slow - not a race - not trying to optimize my perfect seat position for perfect cadence for my optimal performance

Ridden not Hidden - Frank

well good for you. you just keep putting yours seats where ever you like and ride slow. fun with bikes and all that you know. that is what I'm doing. just thought I would point out that from an ergonomics point of view the low seat is very inefficient... of course with vintage bikes the cool factor is more important. same with cars. I overheard a guy with a super low 32 Ford when speaking of how his low buggy sprung car rides say "it rides as good as I want it to look".

I appreciate the 'looking cool' aspect, even though most people who see me out riding in real life think I look a little crazy and nuts; but I also intend to keep riding for as long as I'm able, some of the guys (and gals) I go on veteran cycle club rides with are still regularly riding in their 70 's, 80 's and even their 90 's and to do that you need good knees and you're not going to be doing that with your saddle way down, and they're certainly not racing (not until they've imbibed a few beers that is).
Anyway, enjoy your riding, whatever your reason for doing it is!
I love to see anyone out enjoying this hobby, even the "mamils".

well good for you. you just keep putting yours seats where ever you like and ride slow. fun with bikes and all that you know. that is what I'm doing. just thought I would point out that from an ergonomics point of view the low seat is very inefficient... of course with vintage bikes the cool factor is more important. same with cars. I overheard a guy with a super low 32 Ford when speaking of how his low buggy sprung car rides say "it rides as good as I want it to look".

I set the seat height to what I find comfortable . for what bicycle I am riding .. no more no less .. not trying to look cool .. just enjoying the ride on my bike that's all .. I expect others to do the same .. ridden not hidden .. Frank

A few of us have always rode our classics but we have the Cyclone Coasters to thank for getting the masses out, Great to see all the bikes, cabers and everyone else, as Frank said "Ridden not Hidden!, here are some of the old guys. Oh and fordmike
IMG_3924.JPG
IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_3925.JPG

Back