When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cad/Zinc plating

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
I'm looking for someone to do some zinc/cad plating for my resto projects. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks, Shawn

Don't know anyone in GA, but I did learn something interesting when I first had zinc and cad plating done.

Zinc plating is cheaper but it also has a blue hue and doesn't look legit for restorations - I think it looks cheap. Cad plating is what was typically used on older bikes, but until the 1960s they didn't use brighteners during the plating process. Today, most cad plating companies ONLY do cad plating with brighteners. When I had the fender stays on a bike re-plated, I had to find a company that also had military contracts. The military doesn't use brighteners on their gear for obvious reasons.

Thanks to cycling day and schwinndoggy I sent my stuff out today to Fine Quality Metal Finishing in Long Beach, CA. They also do work for the aerospace industry. I'll post pics when I get my stuff back. My chrome went to Proctors earlier this week. Hopefully both places live up to my expectations because I have about three other projects to do. V/r Shawn

FQMF informed me today that I need to send a check (won't take cc) and a FEDEX shipping label for them to send my stuff. So probably the end of next week. The bill for everything was about $160 which was the min for cad and the min for zinc plus environmental fee. If I'd have known that I probably would have sent all my Five Bar stuff as well. I'll post pics and my recommendation once parts are recieved. V/r Shawn

FQMF informed me today that I need to send a check (won't take cc) and a FEDEX shipping label for them to send my stuff. So probably the end of next week. The bill for everything was about $160 which was the min for cad and the min for zinc plus environmental fee. If I'd have known that I probably would have sent all my Five Bar stuff as well. I'll post pics and my recommendation once parts are recieved. V/r Shawn

Did you ever get your parts back from the aerospace place in Long Beach? Id love to see some pics! What/ how many parts did you get plated for $160.00? Im not too far from LB, (in fact, moved back to Central CA., from Long Beach in 2008). Whoa....i just realized, that 2008 was a decade ago! I feel old, and Im only 39! Anyway, any feedback is welcomed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you ever get your parts back from the aerospace place in Long Beach? i.d. love to see some pics! What/ how many parts did you get plated for $160.00? Im not too far from LB, (in fact, moved back to Central CA., from Long Beach in 2008). Whoa....i just realized, that 2008 was a decade ago! I feel old, and Im only 39! Anyway, any feedback is welcomed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These people sucked--nothing but problems. Zero communications, plating was poor quality, had a billing problem that took two years to resolve, sent parts back twice, had to arrange my own return shipping to include calling FEDEX. A fick'n nightmare! V/r Shawn

These people sucked--nothing but problems. Zero communications, plating was poor quality, had a billing problem that took two years to resolve, sent parts back twice, had to arrange my own return shipping to include calling FEDEX. A fick'n nightmare! V/r Shawn
Man!!! Im sorry you has to go thru such an ordeal! Doesnt it make more sense for these places just to do the job right the first time? Im sure that after having to redo their work a few times, the thought mightve crossed their minds? Lol! Thank you for the follow up.

Back