When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cadre et fourche de piste?

-
Very nice Bill!
Look forward to seeing it some day.

Here's a couple quick shots of it how it sits now. It was originally black paint with chrome lugs, half lower fork chrome ( chrome fork crown ) and half seat and chain stay chrome. I did a light paint over the original and made my own decals. I'm going to lightly strip this down to the original chrome and paint to see what it looks like because it's been over 30 yrs since I last saw it in its original form. I remember the chrome was starting to flake off on the lower head nervex lug and that's why I painted it to give it my own look. It will be back to correct period form when I finish though. I also got a set of period correct Prior high flange hubs for it and Stronglight #55 track cranks. I'm starting to get excited about this one. This being the very early 1950's and really nothing to go on for an original track bike, I'm hoping the decals are all correct. The main "ABertin" decal is the match to the original.

Andre Bertin 1954 001.jpg
Andre Bertin 1954 002.jpg

L1110052.JPG

IMG_7655.JPG

Here's a couple quick shots of it how it sits now. It was originally black paint with chrome lugs, half lower fork chrome ( chrome fork crown ) and half seat and chain stay chrome. I did a light paint over the original and made my own decals. I'm going to lightly strip this down to the original chrome and paint to see what it looks like because it's been over 30 yrs since I last saw it in its original form. I remember the chrome was starting to flake off on the lower head nervex lug and that's why I painted it to give it my own look. It will be back to correct period form when I finish though. I also got a set of period correct Prior high flange hubs for it and Stronglight #55 track cranks. I'm starting to get excited about this one. This being the very early 1950's and really nothing to go on for an original track bike, I'm hoping the decals are all correct. The main "ABertin" decal is the match to the original.

View attachment 1024024 View attachment 1024025

View attachment 1024026

View attachment 1024027
Sounds (and looks) like the makings of a very fine machine. I'm sure you'll more than do it justice!

-----

Andy also did a good deal of contract work for Urago.

Curious, as the two makers were in the far opposite corners of France.

Perhaps they were acquainted from their respective racing days.

Have an Urago road frameset from 1960 with the Bertin pattern serial arrangement on the left dropout.

Also exhibits the Bertin seat stay treatment.

-----
Interesting stuff @juvela, but no picture is visible to me?

-----

dnc1 -

appears a wee dram o' creativitude were required for the fitment o' that anterior arrestor caliper

can ye tell us anent it?

---

no peechas o' me Andy built Urago as doona ha' capacity to make daguerreotipicos o' the digital sort

thar be however a discussion, with imagery, of a frame nearly identical to mine here -

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/1037858-please-help-me-identify-mystery-frame.html

my example in livery originale: faded purple flambouyant with silver lining

[all peechas posted by me are somebody else's]

---

corbettclassics -

luv seeing those Priors

as most readers prolly know, this badge is one belonging to Etablissements Perrin

have some small flange fellows on a '57 Urago

does the marking on the barrel show the plume/quill?

since you will be building wheels...hast thee considered going bois?

-----

Last edited:
-----

dnc1 -

appears a wee dram o' creativitude were required for the fitment o' that anterior arrestor caliper

can ye tell us anent it?

---

no peechas o' me Andy built Urago as doona ha' capacity to make daguerreotipicos o' the digital sort

thar be however a discussion, with imagery, of a frame nearly identical to mine here -

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/1037858-please-help-me-identify-mystery-frame.html

---

corbettclassics -

luv seeing those Priors

as most readers prolly know, this badge is one belonging to Etablissements Perrin

-----
I will not be using wood rims ( bois ) to build up the wheels. The rims are early alloy French rims called "Limone".

View attachment 1024024 View attachment 1024025

View attachment 1024026

View attachment 1024027
Those hubs are stunning!

-----

dnc1 -

can ye tell us anent it?

---

---

corbettclassics -

luv seeing those Priors

-----
The brake is a Dia-Compe set with special clamp-on fixings for undrilled track forks; available with clamps to fit round and oval fork blades.
Available as a complete kit including lever and cable, or as a caliper and clamps.
I purchased mine from tracksupermarket.com in Japan. They may be available in the U.S.
They also do a rear brake that mounts under the chainstays near the BB.
They also sometimes stock a beautifully made upside down mini quill-stem bracket that fits up inside the fork crown/steerer tube that allows the fitment of any brake caliper for the front wheel.
Stylish and beautifully made, yes, expensive, yes.
It would look lovely with a Campy delta or an '80's aero Shimano I think!

Back